Eight years ago this week, the NHL’s Montreal Canadiens paid tribute to the departed Expos by raising a commemorative banner to the rafters of Montreal’s Bell Centre. Expos legends Gary Carter and Andre Dawson were joined by displaced mascot Youppi to hoist a blue and orange banner that features their retired numbers, 8 and 10, respectively, as well as the numbers for Tim Raines (30) and Rusty Staub (10). Here’s this week’s look around the baseball blogosphere..
- Camden Depot looks at what Chris Davis can do in 2014 and beyond.
- Blue Jays Plus asks if Colby Rasmus is still in need of a platoon partner.
- Climbing Tal’s Hill examines players that the Astros should protect from the Rule 5 draft.
- South Side Sox asks if the White Sox can compete in 2015.
- Dr. Strangeglove breaks down the Pirates’ first base situation.
- Baseball Professor caught up with White Sox prospect Chris Beck.
- Rays Colored Glasses isn’t thrilled about the Jesse Crain deal.
- Lasorda’s Lair gives us five positive things about Don Mattingly.
- Baseball Hot Corner tries to figure out where David Price will land.
- Jays Journal asks if John Lackey’s comeback could bode well for Josh Johnson.
- Kingdome Of Seattle Sports sees Johnson as a free agent find.
- The Shea Faithful says that winning is the only thing that will bring credibility back to the Mets.
- The Giants Cove suggests a successor for Bud Selig.
- MLB Reports has an idea for the Rays.
- Phoul Ballz spoke with Phillies pitching prospect Mike Nesseth.
If you have a suggestion for this feature, Zach can be reached at [email protected].