On this date in 2005, the Diamondbacks send Troy Glaus and highly touted infield prospect Sergio Santos to the Blue Jays in exchange for Gold Glove second baseman Orlando Hudson and starter Miguel Batista. Toronto’s active off-season in which the team has also signed starter A.J. Burnett, closer B.J. Ryan and first baseman Lyle Overbay convinced the third baseman to waive his limited no-trade clause. As for Santos, he never made his mark as an infielder, but instead found his success on the mound. Here's this week's look around the baseball blogosphere..
- Baseball Hot Corner has Alex Anthopoulos' five worst deals.
- Inside The Zona handicaps everyones odds on Masahiro Tanaka.
- Blogging Mets looks at the Mets' top moments of 2013.
- i70 Baseball says the Danny Valencia deal made sense for the Royals.
- The Beanball wants to know where the love for Paul Maholm is.
- Baseball News Source stacks Tanaka against Daisuke Matsuzaka and Yu Darvish.
- Reviewing The Brew backs Marco Estrada.
- Outside Pitch looks at the five remaining major starters.
- MLB Reports makes a case against the Nats extending Jordan Zimmermann.
- Yanks Beat Blog says the Yankees need Tanaka.
If you have a suggestion for this feature, Zach can be reached at ZachBBWI@gmail.com.