On this date in 1990, Howard Spira was arrested for extorting money from Yankees owner George Steinbrenner. Steinbrenner was said to have paid the Bronx gambler $40K in January of that year to dig up dirt on outfielder Dave Winfield. Here's this week's look around the baseball blogosphere..
- Reviewing The Brew interviewed Brewers outfielder Khris Davis.
- Inside The Zona goes down under.
- Camden Depot says J.J. Hardy will walk and the O's should probably let him go.
- Hidden Vigorish is worried about the Pirates shopping outfielders Jose Tabata and Travis Snider.
- A's Farm checked in with A's special assistant Grady Fuson.
- Pinstripe Pundits celebrates Mr. March.
- Blue Jays Musings sees the rotation getting a little clearer in Toronto.
- The Baseball Stance feels that Francisco Cervelli is more valuable as backup than trade chip.
- Outside Pitch ranks their top five trade candidates for the 2014 season.
- Climbing Tal's Hill talks Tommy John.
- MLB Reports weighs the pros and cons of the Tigers signing Stephen Drew.
If you have a suggestion for this feature, Zach can be reached at ZachBBWI@gmail.com.