On this date in 1974, In a Class A minor league contest, Portland Mavericks manager Frank Peters rotates his starting nine so each player takes a different position on the field for every inning. The innovative strategy works as Portland posts an 8-7 victory over the Tri-Cities Ports, their Northwest League opponents. Here’s this week’s look around the baseball blogosphere.
- Blue Jays Plus goes under the hood to look at Brett Lawrie and oblique injuries.
- Camden Depot gives some dap to Steve Pearce.
- NYY Fans wants the Yankees to proceed carefully with David Robertson.
- L.A. Sports Hub heaps some big praise on Clayton Kershaw.
- Maniac Ball grades the Angels’ depth.
- Steel City Buzzin’ says the Pirates have to boost their payroll big time in 2015.
- Know Hitter says Justin Verlander will be key for the Tigers’ championship chances.
- Baseball Hot Corner wonders if staying in the zone is sustainable.
- Best Coast Baseball spoke with Branch Barrett Rickey about his life and legacy.
- Inside The Zona explains why Mark Trumbo hasn’t hit many homers recently.
Please send submissions to Zach at ZachBBWI@gmail.com.