Weekly email list
- Braves Working On Alberto Callaspo Trade
- Orioles Agree To Deal With Ariel Miranda
- Right-Hander Norge Ruiz Leaves Cuba, Will Seek Deal With MLB Club
- Smyly Will Not Have Surgery, Is Confident He Can Pitch In 2015
- Hyun-jin Ryu Undergoes Season-Ending Shoulder Surgery
- 2016 MLB Free Agent Power Rankings
- Hyun-jin Ryu To Undergo Shoulder Surgery
- Mariners Acquire Welington Castillo From Cubs For Yoervis Medina
- Bruce Chen Announces Retirement
- Red Sox Outright Allen Craig
Trade Rumors Apps
- Trade Rumors iOS App
- Trade Rumors Android App
- MLBTR Podcast
- 2014-15 MLB Free Agent Tracker
- 2015 MLB Free Agent List
- 2015 Arbitration Tracker
- Projected Arbitration Salaries For 2015
- Free Agent Contest Leaderboard
- Reverse Standings
- 2016 MLB Free Agent List
- Transaction Tracker
- DFA Tracker
- Agency Database
- Hot Stove Glossary
- MLBTR On Facebook
- MLBTR On Twitter
- Team Twitter/RSS Feeds
- Team Facebook Pages
- Hoops Rumors
- Pro Football Rumors
- Braves Working On Alberto Callaspo Trade
- NL West Notes: Dodgers, Gaudin, JJ, Morrow, Myers
- Free Agent Stock Watch: Howie Kendrick
- Minor Moves: Paterson, Nash, Parker, Cerse, Bell, Ryan
- Mets Notes: Trades, Wright
- Pirates Designate Radhames Liz For Assignment
- Draft Notes: Seniors, Royals, Red Sox, Trout
- Giants Designate Travis Ishikawa For Assignment
- Reds Notes: Cueto, Marshall, Mesoraco
- AL East Links: Matusz, Tanaka, Arencibia
- Cubs Notes: Baez, Russell, Schwarber
- NL Notes: Price, Mets, Cubs, Frias, Upton
- AL East Notes: Lindgren, Red Sox, Blue Jays
- MLBTR Originals
- Cafardo On Trade Deadline, Maddux, Tulo
Rumors by team
- Angels Rumors
- Astros Rumors
- Athletics Rumors
- Blue Jays Rumors
- Braves Rumors
- Brewers Rumors
- Cardinals Rumors
- Cubs Rumors
- Diamondbacks Rumors
- Dodgers Rumors
- Giants Rumors
- Indians Rumors
- Mariners Rumors
- Marlins Rumors
- Mets Rumors
- Nationals Rumors
- Orioles Rumors
- Padres Rumors
- Phillies Rumors
- Pirates Rumors
- Rangers Rumors
- Rays Rumors
- Red Sox Rumors
- Reds Rumors
- Rockies Rumors
- Royals Rumors
- Tigers Rumors
- Twins Rumors
- White Sox Rumors
- Yankees Rumors
C.J. Henry Rumors
Hmm. Not much really going on this A.M. Hopefully we’ll see some rumors crop up as the day progresses. Until then, here are just a few teasers on this Black Friday.
- Remember when the Blue Jays claimed Cory Haerther off waivers from the Cardinals? Well, now the Cardinals have claimed Haerther off waivers from the Blue Jays and have added him to the 40-man roster, thus protecting him from the Rule 5 draft.
- "Indications are" that the Twins are talking with closer Joe Nathan about a contract extension. Nathan has one year left on his deal, and could price himself out of the Twins range. No word on the number offered.
- C.J. Henry was a 2005 first-round draft choice of the Yankees. After a rough introduction to the pros, Henry was sent to the Phillies in 2006 as part of the Bobby Abreu deal. Well, the Phils have released him, and despite stories that he was going to play college basketball, he has re-signed with the Yanks.
- Infielder Ramon Vazquez has re-upped with the Rangers for one year and $810,000. He hit .230/.300/.373 in 300 at bats in 2007.
Joe Pawlikowski is co-author of River Ave. Blues.
No, those weren’t Jayson Stark’s exact words. But he does have a late night trade update indicating that the Yankees and Phillies are hammering out a deal for Bobby Abreu and Cory Lidle.
Apparently the two clubs are negotiating which prospects will head to Philly. The Phillies are said to be targeting shortstop C.J. Henry and starter Steven White. For some reason Stark says C.J. Wilson in his update, but I believe he meant to say Henry.
C.J. Henry was the Yanks’ first round draft pick in ’05. He’s the best athlete in the system according to Baseball America. The 20 year-old has a ways to go with the bat; he’s hitting .237/.326/.350 for low Class A Charleston.
White is a 25 year-old starter who throws in the low 90s. He’s battled injury issues but conquered Double A this year after his second try. He’s stumbled a bit in Triple A.
The Yankees are expected to assume Abreu’s entire contract. I have a feeling that in three years no one will remember which prospects the Phillies got for him, similar to the Mark McGwire trade in 1997.
According to an excellent piece by Baseball Prospectus’s Nate Silver, the Yankees stand to gain about 1.5 wins by acquiring Abreu. Such an acquisition should increase their chance of making the playoffs by 14%. And replacing Sidney Ponson with Lidle is definitely a plus.