- Indians Extend Scott Atchison
- Rob Manfred Elected As Next Commissioner
- Pirates Acquire John Axford
- Latest On Rusney Castillo
- Royals Acquire Josh Willingham
- Tyler Skaggs Requires Tommy John Surgery
- Dodgers Acquire Kevin Correia
- Cubs Acquire Jacob Turner
- Angels Acquire Vinnie Pestano
- Dodgers Acquire Roberto Hernandez
- Hoops Rumors
- Pro Football Rumors
- Reverse Standings
- Players Who Have Cleared Revocable Waivers
- 2015 MLB Free Agent List
- 2015 MLB Free Agent Power Rankings
- Transaction Tracker
- DFA Tracker
- Agency Database
- MLBTR iPad/iPhone App
- MLBTR Android App
- Hot Stove Glossary
- MLBTR On Facebook
- MLBTR On Twitter
- MLBTR Mobile
- MLBTR On Kindle
- Team Twitter/RSS Feeds
- Team Facebook Pages
- Quick Hits: Colon, Angels, Cardinals, Stanton, Cashner
- AL West Notes: Richards, Altuve, Athletics
- AL East Notes: Miller, Beltran, Lester, Pompey
- AL Central Notes: Swisher, Rodon, Royals
- MLB Changes Rules For Scouting Int’l Players
- Padres Designate Bobby LaFromboise For Assignment
- Extension Candidate: Kole Calhoun
- Minor Moves: Joe Gardner
- White Sox To Release Charlie Leesman
- Rusney Castillo Could Land Five Years, $50-60MM
- Central Links: Dirks, Cubs, Morton, Meyer, Reds
- Grievance Against Astros Focused On Nix, Not Aiken
- Neal Cotts Claimed On Revocable Waivers
- Phillies President Says Amaro “Not On The Hot Seat”
- Quick Hits: Atchison, Rapada, D’Backs, McLouth
MLBTR Mailing List
Rumors by team
- Angels Rumors
- Astros Rumors
- Athletics Rumors
- Blue Jays Rumors
- Braves Rumors
- Brewers Rumors
- Cardinals Rumors
- Cubs Rumors
- Diamondbacks Rumors
- Dodgers Rumors
- Giants Rumors
- Indians Rumors
- Mariners Rumors
- Marlins Rumors
- Mets Rumors
- Nationals Rumors
- Orioles Rumors
- Padres Rumors
- Phillies Rumors
- Pirates Rumors
- Rangers Rumors
- Rays Rumors
- Red Sox Rumors
- Reds Rumors
- Rockies Rumors
- Royals Rumors
- Tigers Rumors
- Twins Rumors
- White Sox Rumors
- Yankees Rumors
Felix Rodriguez Rumors
A round-up of news from around the majors….
- The Mariners will be hard-pressed to contend with AL West superpowers like the Rangers and Angels, but Larry Stone of the Seattle Times argues the club shouldn't think about trading Felix Hernandez. Stone thinks such a deal would cause a "backlash" among M's fans and "there's still plenty of time to consider a Hernandez trade down the road if the Mariners' situation gets more dire."
- Michael Cuddyer was frustrated by the negativity surrounding the Twins last season and isn't sure if the team will be able to contend in the near future, reports Phil Mackey of ESPN 1500 Radio. The Twins have had a three-year, $24-$25MM offer on the table to Cuddyer for the last few days and the Rockies may also be willing to go to three years for the veteran. Mackey speculates the Cardinals could check in on Cuddyer to help fill the void left by Albert Pujols.
- Octavio Dotel tells MLB.com's Jason Beck that his choice of teams came down to the Tigers and the Brewers. Dotel says the Padres were also interested in signing him as a setup man.
- MLB.com's Todd Zolecki has contract details for a number of new Phillies, most notably Jonathan Papelbon.
- Carlos Beltran hasn't gotten much attention this winter, and Fangraphs' Eric Seidman names seven teams who could be a fit for the free agent outfielder.
- Nick Punto is "at or near [the] top" of the Braves' list of backup infield options, reports David O'Brien of the Atlanta Journal-Constitution (via Twitter).
- A rival executive tells FOX Sports' Jon Paul Morosi (Twitter link) that the Mets won't trade David Wright. "He’s more valuable to them than he would be to any other team," the exec says.
A source close to the Cardinals’ organization is informing me that the club has an offer out to righthanded reliever Felix Rodriguez. Details of the team’s proposal are not yet known. Joe Strauss of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch previously reported that the Cards were close to signing Rodriguez on December 21st.
The 33 year-old reliever has pitched 556 innings in his career, posting a 3.51 ERA and 1.37 WHIP. Rodriguez’s prime came with the Giants. In 2001, he won 9 games with a 1.68 ERA and 1.00 WHIP in 80 innings for San Francisco. Torn knee cartilage limited Rodriguez to 32 ineffective innings this year for the Yankees.
The Cards’ proposal is likely in the range of $2-3MM for one year. The team has already added Braden Looper, Ricardo Rincon, and possibly Sidney Ponson for their 2006 bullpen.