Trade Rumors Apps
- Dodgers Acquire Joel Peralta
- Athletics Sign Billy Butler
- White Sox Sign Zach Duke
- Marlins Sign Giancarlo Stanton To 13-Year, $325MM Extension
- Blue Jays Sign Russell Martin
- Braves, Cardinals Trade Jason Heyward For Shelby Miller
- Tigers Exercise Alex Avila's Option
- Diamondbacks Acquire Jeremy Hellickson
- Pirates Sign A.J. Burnett
- Rangers Extend Jon Daniels, Thad Levine
- Jays, Tigers Swap Gose For Travis
- Pirates Acquire Francisco Cervelli For Justin Wilson
- Tigers Re-Sign Victor Martinez
- 2014-15 Top 50 Free Agents With Predictions
- Non-Tender Candidates
- Trade Rumors iOS App
- Trade Rumors Android App
- MLBTR Podcast
- 2014-15 MLB Free Agent Tracker
- 2015 MLB Free Agent List
- 2014-15 Offseason Outlooks
- 2014-15 Free Agent Profiles
- Projected Arbitration Salaries For 2015
- Free Agent Contest Leaderboard
- Reverse Standings
- 2016 MLB Free Agent List
- Transaction Tracker
- DFA Tracker
- Agency Database
- Hot Stove Glossary
- MLBTR On Facebook
- MLBTR On Twitter
- MLBTR Mobile
- MLBTR On Kindle
- Team Twitter/RSS Feeds
- Team Facebook Pages
- Hoops Rumors
- Pro Football Rumors
- Quick Hits: Saberhagen, Kubel, Transactions, Front Offices
- Pirates To Sign Radhames Liz To Major League Deal
- Padres, Braves Emerging As Yasmany Tomas Favorites
- Mitch Moreland, Michael Saunders Change Agencies
- Dodgers Acquire Joel Peralta
- Players Added To The 40-Man Roster
- Rays Designate Michael Kohn, Cole Figueroa For Assignment
- Yasmany Tomas Rumors: Thursday
- Padres Join Sox, Giants In Serious Pursuit Of Sandoval
- Yankees Sell Zelous Wheeler’s Contract To Rakuten Golden Eagles
- Rangers Designate Jim Adduci For Assignment
- Angels Designate Alfredo Marte For Assignment
- Angels Acquire Dan Robertson From Rangers
- Minor Moves: Duran, Fuentes, Bartsch, Gimenez
- Padres Designate Boyer, Asencio For Assignment
MLBTR Mailing List
Rumors by team
- Angels Rumors
- Astros Rumors
- Athletics Rumors
- Blue Jays Rumors
- Braves Rumors
- Brewers Rumors
- Cardinals Rumors
- Cubs Rumors
- Diamondbacks Rumors
- Dodgers Rumors
- Giants Rumors
- Indians Rumors
- Mariners Rumors
- Marlins Rumors
- Mets Rumors
- Nationals Rumors
- Orioles Rumors
- Padres Rumors
- Phillies Rumors
- Pirates Rumors
- Rangers Rumors
- Rays Rumors
- Red Sox Rumors
- Reds Rumors
- Rockies Rumors
- Royals Rumors
- Tigers Rumors
- Twins Rumors
- White Sox Rumors
- Yankees Rumors
Paul Hoover Rumors
Some Red Sox tidbits to close out the evening..
- BoSox GM Theo Epstein doesn't think that the Albert Pujols negotiations will have an impact on the club's talks with Adrian Gonzalez, writes Brian MacPherson of The Providence Journal. In December the slugger said that he would look for a market value deal rather than try to pattern his extension after Pujols'.
- By acquiring Gonzalez, Carl Crawford, and Bobby Jenks, Rays manager Joe Maddon believes that the Red Sox gained the most ground of any team in the division this winter, writes Alex Speier of WEEI.com.
- The Red Sox signed catcher Paul Hoover to a minor league deal, tweets Matt Eddy of Baseball America. Hoover, 34, has a career .733 OPS at the Triple-A level.
- If Felipe Lopez winds up signing a minor league deal with the Rays and makes the Opening Day roster, the Red Sox still won't receive a compensatory draft pick, writes Alex Speier of WEEI.com.
Links for Thursday, before the Rangers try to even out the World Series…
- The Cubs would welcome Kerry Wood back to Chicago if they have enough money, according to Bruce Levine of ESPNChicago.com. The Yankees declined Wood's 2011 option yesterday, so he'll be free to sign with the team of his choice soon after the World Series.
- Nationals manager Jim Riggleman says he wants Adam Dunn to re-sign in Washington, but points out that "there's going to be some pretty good talent out there" if Dunn leaves, according to Ben Goessling of MASNSports (on Twitter).
- Tom Haudricourt of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel hears that the Brewers are open to hiring managerial candidates Bob Melvin and Joey Cora, though they’ll likely talk to Bobby Valentine about a potential deal (Twitter link).
- The Phillies outrighted Paul Hoover off of their 40-man roster.
- Former Braves and Orioles pitching coach Leo Mazzone told Gary Williams and Steve Phillips of SIRIUS XM radio that he’d have interest in becoming the pitching coach for the Yankees or Mets.
Gregg Zaun has a torn labrum in his throwing shoulder, and may retire if the injury persists, according to MLB.com's Adam McCalvy. Zaun says there's a 50-50 chance he plays this season. We'll know more in two to four weeks, when doctors re-evaluate Zaun's shoulder.
The Brewers currently have catchers Jonathan Lucroy and George Kottaras on their active roster. Lucroy has appeared in two big league games and Kottaras has appeared in 67, so it would not be a surprise to see the Brewers pursue a veteran catcher. Lucroy, who is a highly-regarded prospect, made his big league debut last Friday. Baseball America said Lucroy "projects as a good offensive threat for a catcher" when they ranked him fifth among Brewers prospects before the season. Kottaras has a respectable .238/.357/.442 line in 182 big league plate appearances.
WEDNESDAY, 1:52pm: Hoover cleared waivers and accepted a Triple A assignment, tweets Zolecki.
Hoover, 34, appeared in six games for the Phillies this year. The veteran minor leaguer posted a .253/.329/.339 in 281 Triple A plate appearances in 2009. He's also been designated for assignment by the Rays and Marlins in his career.