- Chris Davis Suspended 25 Games
- Reds, Brewers Complete Broxton Trade
- Ron Washington Resigns As Rangers Manager
- Angels Exercise 2015 Option On Jerry Dipoto
- Diamondbacks Fire Kevin Towers
- Rockies Extend Jorge De La Rosa
- Dodgers Promote Joc Pederson
- Astros Fire Bo Porter
- Adam Dunn To Retire After Season
- Brewers Acquire Jonathan Broxton
- Athletics Acquire Adam Dunn
- Hoops Rumors
- Pro Football Rumors
- Reverse Standings
- 2015 MLB Free Agent List
- 2015 MLB Free Agent Power Rankings
- 2016 MLB Free Agent List
- Transaction Tracker
- DFA Tracker
- Agency Database
- MLBTR iPad/iPhone App
- MLBTR Android App
- Hot Stove Glossary
- MLBTR On Facebook
- MLBTR On Twitter
- MLBTR Mobile
- MLBTR On Kindle
- Team Twitter/RSS Feeds
- Team Facebook Pages
- Multiple Teams Change Minor League Affiliations
- Rangers Notes: Washington, Young, Manager, Tomas
- Nationals Claim Pedro Florimon From Twins
- Nationals Designate Eury Perez For Assignment
- West Notes: Deadline, D’backs, Gibson, Stewart, Angels
- East Notes: Rasmus, Gee, Flores, Tomas
- Central Notes: Aramis, Indians, Perkins
- Phillies Notes: Burnett, Tomas, Offseason Needs
- AL East Notes: Walker, Maeda, Uehara, Castillo, Melky, Rays
- Dodgers Outright Red Patterson
- Latest On Diamondacks’ GM Search
- Gammons’ Latest: Braves, Sandoval, Monfort, Tomas, Padres
- Olney On Qualifying Offer Candidates
- Red Sox Notes: Castillo, Ortiz, Ross
- Quick Hits: Pearce, Choo, Gibbons
MLBTR Mailing List
Rumors by team
- Angels Rumors
- Astros Rumors
- Athletics Rumors
- Blue Jays Rumors
- Braves Rumors
- Brewers Rumors
- Cardinals Rumors
- Cubs Rumors
- Diamondbacks Rumors
- Dodgers Rumors
- Giants Rumors
- Indians Rumors
- Mariners Rumors
- Marlins Rumors
- Mets Rumors
- Nationals Rumors
- Orioles Rumors
- Padres Rumors
- Phillies Rumors
- Pirates Rumors
- Rangers Rumors
- Rays Rumors
- Red Sox Rumors
- Reds Rumors
- Rockies Rumors
- Royals Rumors
- Tigers Rumors
- Twins Rumors
- White Sox Rumors
- Yankees Rumors
Paul Hoover Rumors
Some Red Sox tidbits to close out the evening..
- BoSox GM Theo Epstein doesn't think that the Albert Pujols negotiations will have an impact on the club's talks with Adrian Gonzalez, writes Brian MacPherson of The Providence Journal. In December the slugger said that he would look for a market value deal rather than try to pattern his extension after Pujols'.
- By acquiring Gonzalez, Carl Crawford, and Bobby Jenks, Rays manager Joe Maddon believes that the Red Sox gained the most ground of any team in the division this winter, writes Alex Speier of WEEI.com.
- The Red Sox signed catcher Paul Hoover to a minor league deal, tweets Matt Eddy of Baseball America. Hoover, 34, has a career .733 OPS at the Triple-A level.
- If Felipe Lopez winds up signing a minor league deal with the Rays and makes the Opening Day roster, the Red Sox still won't receive a compensatory draft pick, writes Alex Speier of WEEI.com.
Links for Thursday, before the Rangers try to even out the World Series…
- The Cubs would welcome Kerry Wood back to Chicago if they have enough money, according to Bruce Levine of ESPNChicago.com. The Yankees declined Wood's 2011 option yesterday, so he'll be free to sign with the team of his choice soon after the World Series.
- Nationals manager Jim Riggleman says he wants Adam Dunn to re-sign in Washington, but points out that "there's going to be some pretty good talent out there" if Dunn leaves, according to Ben Goessling of MASNSports (on Twitter).
- Tom Haudricourt of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel hears that the Brewers are open to hiring managerial candidates Bob Melvin and Joey Cora, though they’ll likely talk to Bobby Valentine about a potential deal (Twitter link).
- The Phillies outrighted Paul Hoover off of their 40-man roster.
- Former Braves and Orioles pitching coach Leo Mazzone told Gary Williams and Steve Phillips of SIRIUS XM radio that he’d have interest in becoming the pitching coach for the Yankees or Mets.
Gregg Zaun has a torn labrum in his throwing shoulder, and may retire if the injury persists, according to MLB.com's Adam McCalvy. Zaun says there's a 50-50 chance he plays this season. We'll know more in two to four weeks, when doctors re-evaluate Zaun's shoulder.
The Brewers currently have catchers Jonathan Lucroy and George Kottaras on their active roster. Lucroy has appeared in two big league games and Kottaras has appeared in 67, so it would not be a surprise to see the Brewers pursue a veteran catcher. Lucroy, who is a highly-regarded prospect, made his big league debut last Friday. Baseball America said Lucroy "projects as a good offensive threat for a catcher" when they ranked him fifth among Brewers prospects before the season. Kottaras has a respectable .238/.357/.442 line in 182 big league plate appearances.
WEDNESDAY, 1:52pm: Hoover cleared waivers and accepted a Triple A assignment, tweets Zolecki.
Hoover, 34, appeared in six games for the Phillies this year. The veteran minor leaguer posted a .253/.329/.339 in 281 Triple A plate appearances in 2009. He's also been designated for assignment by the Rays and Marlins in his career.