On Monday, we heard that Zack Greinke would be willing to waive his no-trade clause in any deal, and that the Royals covet Kyle Drabek and Travis Snider in a potential deal with Toronto. Here are today's Greinke rumors:
- You can count the Nationals out of the Greinke sweepstakes, according to MLB.com's Bill Ladson. The Royals felt the Nationals weren't a good match.
- The Dodgers have discussed Greinke with the Royals, according to Dylan Hernandez of the LA Times (Twitter link).
- The Nationals inquired on Greinke, according to Danny Knobler of CBSSports. It doesn't seem like the sides will reach a deal, however. The Blue Jays and Rangers remain involved in talks with Kansas City.
- It sounds like teams are upping their offers for Greinke, tweets Ed Price of AOL Fanhouse.
- The Royals' rival officials expect them to gradually reduce their sky-high asking price until they get a yes, reports ESPN's Buster Olney.
- Jon Heyman of SI tweets that the Royals are now saying they wouldn't trade Greinke within the division "in a perfect world." As Heyman points out, that sounds like a softened version of the stance the Royals seemed to have taken last week.