It's possible that tonight was the last start Francisco Liriano will make as a member of the Twins. Liriano entered with a 2.84 ERA with a 10.9 K/9 and 4.0 BB/9 since May 30, but was shelled for seven runs in 2 2/3 innings. Here are some links surrounding the division…
- After swinging a major trade to acquire Anibal Sanchez and Omar Infante earlier today, Tigers GM Dave Dombrowski says his team is "set at this point," according to Jason Beck of MLB.com (on Twitter).
- Ken Rosenthal of FOX Sports tweets that Jonathan Broxton, Jose Mijares, Yuniesky Betancourt, and Jeff Francoeur have all been made available by the Royals.
- Mark Gonzales of the Chicago Tribune passes along a video interview with White Sox GM Kenny Williams stating, "There's no sense" in acquiring a marginal upgrade to his rotation. Williams implies that his club will only be interested in adding a front-line pitcher, and that he's willing to look at prospect deals to improve his club in the short-term. Williams is also optimistic that John Danks, currently on the DL, can return and improve his team's rotation.
- Jon Paul Morosi of FOX Sports speculates that Carlos Quentin's recent extension could push teams into overpaying the Twins to acquire Josh Willingham (video link).
- Morosi also discusses the impact of the trade that sent Brett Myers to the White Sox.