Most contenders could use another right-handed reliever for the season’s final two-plus months. Here are some potentially available right-handers:
- Jonathan Broxton, Royals - The Royals are open to moving Broxton, but they aren't about to give him away for nothing.
- Matt Capps, Twins - It sounds as though the Twins are willing to listen to offers for Capps, who was recently activated from the disabled list after recovering from shoulder inflammation. The trade candidate has a 3.42 ERA with a 16K/4BB ratio in 26 1/3 innings.
- Grant Balfour, Athletics - Balfour has a 3.14 ERA with 6.7 K/9 and 3.8 BB/9 so far this season. His contract includes a $4.5MM club option for 2013. Click here for more on Balfour.
- Brandon League, Mariners - League's trade value has diminished this year, but he still has a 3.35 ERA and recent success as a closer.
- Huston Street, Padres - Street has a 1.13 ERA with 12.0 K/9 and 3.0 BB/9 for the Padres and is definitely a midseason trade candidate. His contract includes a mutual option for 2013.
- Kevin Gregg, Orioles - The Orioles were shopping Gregg earlier this year. He has a 4.07 ERA with 7.8 K/9 and 4.8 BB/9 through 23 appearances.
- Rafael Betancourt and Matt Belisle, Rockies - The Rockies would have to be overwhelmed to trade either pitcher, ESPN.com's Buster Olney reported last month.
- Francisco Rodriguez, Brewers - If the Brewers become sellers, they could trade Rodriguez. The Mets are one interested team.
- Brett Myers, Astros - The Astros are prepared to move Myers, who has pitched well in his return to the bullpen. Click here for more on Myers.
- Shawn Camp, Cubs - Camp leads the NL with 43 appearances and he has a 2.80 ERA. Yet he's a 36-year-old on a one-year deal, so the Cubs could flip him for prospects.
- Casey Janssen, Blue Jays - The Blue Jays need Janssen now, but if they do decide to sell he’d draw interest.
- Brad Lincoln, Pirates - The Diamondbacks and Padres might have some degree of interest in Lincoln, who's enjoying a breakout season.
- Joel Hanrahan, Pirates - I don’t expect the Pirates to trade Hanrahan now that they’re leading the NL Central. But if they had to part with him to get an impact bat, they might listen.
- Brandon Lyon, Astros - Lyon has a 3.24 ERA with 9.5 K/9 and 2.2 BB/9 so some teams might be willing to overlook that $5.5MM salary.
- Mark Lowe, Rangers - It appeared earlier in the year that the Rangers were willing to listen on Lowe and Scott Feldman.
- Wade Davis, Rays - Davis has a 3.12 ERA with 9.4 K/9 and 3.8 BB/9 since the Rays moved him to the bullpen, so it wouldn't be surprising to see him draw interest.
Cardinals Extend Matt Carpenter Diamondbacks To Sign Oliver Perez Nationals Sign Mike Gonzalez Rick Ankiel To Retire Rangers Sign Joe Saunders Indians Acquire Justin Sellers, Designate David Cooper Guillermo Mota Retires Braves To Sign Yenier Bello Athletics Acquire Jake Elmore Carl Pavano Retires Yankees Extend Brett Gardner Yankees Agree To Terms With Andrew Bailey Giants Sign Tyler Colvin Orioles Sign Nelson Cruz Red Sox Sign Chris Capuano Braves Extend Andrelton Simmons Reds Extend Homer Bailey Braves Extend Frank Wren, Fredi Gonzalez Orioles Sign Ubaldo Jimenez Dempster Won't Pitch In 2014 Braves Extend Craig Kimbrel
2014 Top 50 Free Agents With Predictions 2014 MLB Free Agent Tracker 2014 MLB Free Agent List 2015 MLB Free Agent List Non-Tender Candidates Projected Arbitration Salaries For 2014 Free Agent Prediction Contest Leaderboard Transaction Tracker DFA Tracker Agency Database MLBTR iPad/iPhone App MLBTR Android App Interviews Hot Stove Glossary MLBTR On Facebook MLBTR On Twitter MLBTR Mobile MLBTR On Kindle Team Twitter/RSS Feeds Team Facebook Pages
Quick Hits: Astros, Beltran, Orioles Quick Hits: Red Sox, Pirates, A's West Notes: Giants, Rangers, A's East Notes: Red Sox, Mets, Jays Blue Jays, Orioles In Play For Ervin Santana Quick Hits: Castellanos, Davis, Armstrong MLB Unlikely To Change Qualifying Offer Before 2016 Jose Bautista, Ervin Santana Leave Proformance Angels Outright John Hester, Robert Carson Ervin Santana Rumors: Saturday Cardinals Extend Matt Carpenter Quick Hits: Perez, Pineda, Mariners, Ramirez, A's Minor Moves: Wil Ledezma Diamondbacks To Sign Oliver Perez Ervin Santana Seeks To Sign One-Year Deal Before Opening Day
How Clubs Determine Pre-Arbitration Salaries Another Bite At The Apple: Opt-Out Clauses In MLB Scouting Masahiro Tanaka Free Agent Contract Trends: 2007-08 To Present Minor League Free Agents Finding Major League Deals Peralta, PED Incentives, And The Next JDA Future Salary Obligations In Context Players Reflect On Arbitration Hearings Why I Chose My Agency Series Arbitration Breakdown
A's Rumors Angels Rumors Astros Rumors Blue Jays Rumors Braves Rumors Brewers Rumors Cardinals Rumors Cubs Rumors Diamondbacks Rumors Dodgers Rumors Giants Rumors Indians Rumors Mariners Rumors Marlins Rumors Mets Rumors Nationals Rumors Orioles Rumors Padres Rumors Phillies Rumors Pirates Rumors Rangers Rumors Rays Rumors Red Sox Rumors Reds Rumors Rockies Rumors Royals Rumors Tigers Rumors Twins Rumors White Sox Rumors Yankees Rumors