Most contenders could use another right-handed reliever for the season’s final two-plus months. Here are some potentially available right-handers:
- Jonathan Broxton, Royals - The Royals are open to moving Broxton, but they aren't about to give him away for nothing.
- Matt Capps, Twins - It sounds as though the Twins are willing to listen to offers for Capps, who was recently activated from the disabled list after recovering from shoulder inflammation. The trade candidate has a 3.42 ERA with a 16K/4BB ratio in 26 1/3 innings.
- Grant Balfour, Athletics - Balfour has a 3.14 ERA with 6.7 K/9 and 3.8 BB/9 so far this season. His contract includes a $4.5MM club option for 2013. Click here for more on Balfour.
- Brandon League, Mariners - League's trade value has diminished this year, but he still has a 3.35 ERA and recent success as a closer.
- Huston Street, Padres - Street has a 1.13 ERA with 12.0 K/9 and 3.0 BB/9 for the Padres and is definitely a midseason trade candidate. His contract includes a mutual option for 2013.
- Kevin Gregg, Orioles - The Orioles were shopping Gregg earlier this year. He has a 4.07 ERA with 7.8 K/9 and 4.8 BB/9 through 23 appearances.
- Rafael Betancourt and Matt Belisle, Rockies - The Rockies would have to be overwhelmed to trade either pitcher, ESPN.com's Buster Olney reported last month.
- Francisco Rodriguez, Brewers - If the Brewers become sellers, they could trade Rodriguez. The Mets are one interested team.
- Brett Myers, Astros - The Astros are prepared to move Myers, who has pitched well in his return to the bullpen. Click here for more on Myers.
- Shawn Camp, Cubs - Camp leads the NL with 43 appearances and he has a 2.80 ERA. Yet he's a 36-year-old on a one-year deal, so the Cubs could flip him for prospects.
- Casey Janssen, Blue Jays - The Blue Jays need Janssen now, but if they do decide to sell he’d draw interest.
- Brad Lincoln, Pirates - The Diamondbacks and Padres might have some degree of interest in Lincoln, who's enjoying a breakout season.
- Joel Hanrahan, Pirates - I don’t expect the Pirates to trade Hanrahan now that they’re leading the NL Central. But if they had to part with him to get an impact bat, they might listen.
- Brandon Lyon, Astros - Lyon has a 3.24 ERA with 9.5 K/9 and 2.2 BB/9 so some teams might be willing to overlook that $5.5MM salary.
- Mark Lowe, Rangers - It appeared earlier in the year that the Rangers were willing to listen on Lowe and Scott Feldman.
- Wade Davis, Rays - Davis has a 3.12 ERA with 9.4 K/9 and 3.8 BB/9 since the Rays moved him to the bullpen, so it wouldn't be surprising to see him draw interest.
Athletics Designate Daric Barton For Assignment Angels Claim Chris Nelson, Designate Scott Cousins Yankees Designate Alberto Gonzalez For Assignment Yankees Acquire Reid Brignac Marlins Designate Jon Rauch For Assignment Padres Designate Thad Weber For Assignment Athletics Designate Chris Resop For Assignment Rockies Designate Reid Brignac For Assignment Angels Designate Barry Enright For Assignment Yankees Designate Chris Nelson For Assignment Dodgers To Sign Jonathan Sanchez Marlins Release David Aardsma Phillies Sign Carlos Zambrano Rays Sign Cory Wade Mets To Sign Rick Ankiel Cubs Extend Anthony Rizzo
Current Free Agents 2014 MLB Free Agent Power Rankings 2014 MLB Free Agents 2015 MLB Free Agents 2013 Draft Order Transaction Tracker Agency Database MLBTR iPad/iPhone App MLBTR Android App Interviews Hot Stove Glossary MLBTR On Facebook MLBTR On Twitter MLBTR Mobile MLBTR On Kindle MLBTR Forums Team Twitter/RSS Feeds Team Facebook Pages
Draft Notes: Astros, Renfroe, Appel Central Notes: Twins, Reynolds, Gomes, Choo Minor Moves: Wilson, Beimel, Parraz, Velazquez, Bell East Notes: Braves, Mets, Ellsbury, Yankees West Notes: Chavez, Astros, Angels, Mattingly Rosenthal On Cubs, Brewers, Marlins Athletics Designate Daric Barton For Assignment Angels Claim Chris Nelson, Designate Scott Cousins NL Notes: Stauffer, Phillies, Cubs, Hairston Yankees Designate Alberto Gonzalez Yankees Acquire Reid Brignac Quick Hits: Brignac, Mariners, Odorizzi Contract Extensions Changing The Free Agent Market Marlins Designate Jon Rauch For Assignment AL East Notes: Yankees, Orioles, Ishikawa
Avoiding The Qualifying Offer Players Reflect On Arbitration Hearings Why I Chose My Agency Series Arbitration Breakdown
A's Rumors Angels Rumors Astros Rumors Blue Jays Rumors Braves Rumors Brewers Rumors Cardinals Rumors Cubs Rumors Diamondbacks Rumors Dodgers Rumors Giants Rumors Indians Rumors Mariners Rumors Marlins Rumors Mets Rumors Nationals Rumors Orioles Rumors Padres Rumors Phillies Rumors Pirates Rumors Rangers Rumors Rays Rumors Red Sox Rumors Reds Rumors Rockies Rumors Royals Rumors Tigers Rumors Twins Rumors White Sox Rumors Yankees Rumors