On this date in 2001, Sammy Sosa signed a four-year contract extension keeping the Cubs right fielder in the Windy City until 2006. The prolific home run hitter averaged nearly sixty home runs (179 HRs/3 years) during the previou three seasons. Here's this week's look around the baseball blogosphere..
- Did The Tribe Win Last Night spoke with Indians assistant GM spoke with Mike Chernoff.
- MLB Nation caught up with Rangers closer Neftali Feliz.
- Camden Depot asks if Brian Matusz is a realistic starting option.
- AL Eastbound And Down delivers the Blue Jays' state of the union.
- Hidden Vigorish examines the history of PIrates GM Neal Huntington's trade partners.
- Inside The Zona looks at the D'Backs' catching situation.
- Yanks Beat Blog wonders if the Yankees can get Tommy Kahnle back from the Rockies.
- i70 Baseball has a breakdown of who stands to gain from the loss of Oscar Tavares.
- Yanks Go Yard has a trade to suggest.
If you have a suggestion for this feature, Zach can be reached at ZachBBWI@gmail.com.