Trade Rumors Apps
- Marlins Acquire Aaron Crow
- Diamondbacks To Sign Yasmany Tomas
- Rays Sign Ernesto Frieri
- Red Sox Sign Pablo Sandoval
- Red Sox Sign Hanley Ramirez
- Josh Willingham Announces Retirement
- Mariners, Kyle Seager Agree To Seven-Year, $100MM Extensiont
- White Sox Sign Adam LaRoche
- Dodgers Acquire Joel Peralta
- Athletics Sign Billy Butler
- White Sox Sign Zach Duke
- Marlins Sign Giancarlo Stanton To 13-Year, $325MM Extension
- 2014-15 Top 50 Free Agents With Predictions
- Non-Tender Candidates
- Trade Rumors iOS App
- Trade Rumors Android App
- MLBTR Podcast
- 2014-15 MLB Free Agent Tracker
- 2015 MLB Free Agent List
- 2014-15 Offseason Outlooks
- 2014-15 Free Agent Profiles
- Projected Arbitration Salaries For 2015
- Free Agent Contest Leaderboard
- Reverse Standings
- 2016 MLB Free Agent List
- Transaction Tracker
- DFA Tracker
- Agency Database
- Hot Stove Glossary
- MLBTR On Facebook
- MLBTR On Twitter
- MLBTR Mobile
- MLBTR On Kindle
- Team Twitter/RSS Feeds
- Team Facebook Pages
- Hoops Rumors
- Pro Football Rumors
- Athletics Designate Josh Lindblom, Kyle Blanks
- Blue Jays To Acquire Josh Donaldson From Athletics For Brett Lawrie, Others
- Athletics In Advanced Trade Discussions
- NL East Notes: Nationals Bullpen, Fister, Crow, Marlins
- Free Agent Faceoff: Max Scherzer vs. Jon Lester
- Ronald Belisario Elects Free Agency
- White Sox Sign Tony Campana
- Marlins Acquire Aaron Crow
- Royals Re-Sign Jason Frasor
- East Notes: Melky, Heaney, Eovaldi, Murphy, Victorino
- MLB Trade Rumors Podcast: Episode 8
- Quick Hits: Pirates, Bruce, Rule 5 Draft, Capuano
- NL East Links: Detwiler, Hamels, Rice
- Arbitration Breakdown: Todd Frazier
- At Least Four Teams Interested In Yoan Lopez
MLBTR Mailing List
Rumors by team
- Angels Rumors
- Astros Rumors
- Athletics Rumors
- Blue Jays Rumors
- Braves Rumors
- Brewers Rumors
- Cardinals Rumors
- Cubs Rumors
- Diamondbacks Rumors
- Dodgers Rumors
- Giants Rumors
- Indians Rumors
- Mariners Rumors
- Marlins Rumors
- Mets Rumors
- Nationals Rumors
- Orioles Rumors
- Padres Rumors
- Phillies Rumors
- Pirates Rumors
- Rangers Rumors
- Rays Rumors
- Red Sox Rumors
- Reds Rumors
- Rockies Rumors
- Royals Rumors
- Tigers Rumors
- Twins Rumors
- White Sox Rumors
- Yankees Rumors
Alay Soler Rumors
Kevin Czerwinski is reporting that the Astros have signed Alay Soler to a one-year deal for $400K. Soler was originally signed by the Mets in 2004 after defecting from Cuba but did not begin pitching in the U.S. until 2006 in which he made eight starts for the Mets, going 2-3 with a 6.00 ERA. He was later released and then signed by the Pirates last season. He only made 14 appearances for the Pirates AA affiliate before asking for, and being granted his release.
Soler will first report to extended spring training and then AAA Round Rock.
Perhaps Soler will join fellow Cuban defector Yuslan Herrera at Double A Altoona. The Bucs gave Herrera a three-year deal back in November. The Pirates also expanded their international horizons by signing 38 year-old Japanese reliever Masumi Kuwata in December.
A couple of guys were released recently, but one should find work shortly.
The Mets released Cuban defector Alay Soler, who did not fit into their rotation plans but was making decent money. Soler, apparently 28, has only made 12 pro starts in this country. It was a cost-cutting move, as Soler would’ve made $620K at Triple A. Seems odd for the Mets to be cutting costs. He looked strong at Double A and below and would be a fine fit with the Nationals.
Javy Lopez was released yesterday by the Rockies. He seems likely to retire unless the Braves will have him. This should open the door for Chris Iannetta to get 400+ ABs.
Another day, another rumor roundup. Let’s throw everything fresh into the mill.
The Orioles are thinking about taking on one of Philly’s huge outfielder contracts, for some reason. I guess this could help next year’s push for third place. Baltimore is one of baseball’s most baffling teams to me. Abreu rumors have been floating around the Orioles since at least November.
The Cubs and Yankees may have something cooking, with Scott Williamson the likely candidate to be dealt. If the reliever market is really so inflated, why don’t the Cubs trade Howry and Eyre?
The Pirates are offering up all sorts of non-difference makers, but Mike Gonzalez could actually get them something decent. The 28 year-old southpaw has a 2.27 ERA in 39 innings this season. Fantay leaguers should start thinking about Matt Capps as his successor.
Trade rumor All-Star Ken Rosenthal is getting into the game more lately, with a full plate of whisperings posted an hour ago. Jose Vidro could become a Giant, and the D’Backs would love to trade Shawn Green (of course).
Unfounded rumors: Billy Beane may be shopping Mark Ellis and Jason Windsor, with possible interest in Brian Roberts…the Angels could be after David Dellucci…teams are calling the Mets about Alay Soler…Dallas McPherson is definitely on the block…there’s a decent chance Jon Lieber ends up a Yankee…the Mets and Nats are still talking about Livan Hernandez.
Full Story | Comments | Categories: Alay Soler | Baltimore Orioles | Bobby Abreu | Brian Roberts | Chicago Cubs | Dallas McPherson | David Dellucci | Jason Windsor | Jon Lieber | Livan Hernandez | Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim | Mark Ellis | Mike Gonzalez | New York Mets | New York Yankees | Oakland Athletics | Philadelphia Phillies | Pittsburgh Pirates | Scott Williamson | Washington Nationals