- Out Of Options 2014
- 2014 Top 50 Free Agents With Predictions
- 2014 MLB Free Agent Tracker
- 2014 MLB Free Agent List
- 2015 MLB Free Agent List
- Non-Tender Candidates
- Projected Arbitration Salaries For 2014
- Free Agent Prediction Contest Leaderboard
- Transaction Tracker
- DFA Tracker
- Agency Database
- MLBTR iPad/iPhone App
- MLBTR Android App
- Hot Stove Glossary
- MLBTR On Facebook
- MLBTR On Twitter
- MLBTR Mobile
- MLBTR On Kindle
- Team Twitter/RSS Feeds
- Team Facebook Pages
- AL West Notes: Griffin, Figueroa, Mariners, Doolittle
- Darren Oliver Joins Rangers’ Front Office
- Ivan Nova To Undergo Tommy John Surgery
- Twins Claim Kenny Wilson From Blue Jays
- East Notes: Henry, Pineda, Phils, Simmons, Harang
- Poll: Best Mid-Level, One-Year Signings
- Quick Hits: Int’l Scouting, Morales, Olt, Taveras, Pitching Tandems
- NL West Notes: Trumbo, Hundley, Guerrero
- Minor Moves: McGrady, Gonzalez, Robertson, Wade
- Josh Johnson To Undergo Tommy John Surgery
- Travis Ishikawa Elects Free Agency
- Latest On Kevin Towers, Kirk Gibson
- A’s Reject 10-Year Lease Offer From Coliseum Authority
- Daily Fantasy Baseball Contest: Win Share Of $100K Payout
- NL Notes: Hellweg, Cuddyer, Cubs, Espinosa
MLBTR Mailing List
- How Clubs Determine Pre-Arbitration Salaries
- Another Bite At The Apple: Opt-Out Clauses In MLB
- Scouting Masahiro Tanaka
- Free Agent Contract Trends: 2007-08 To Present
- Minor League Free Agents Finding Major League Deals
- Peralta, PED Incentives, And The Next JDA
- Future Salary Obligations In Context
- Players Reflect On Arbitration Hearings
- Why I Chose My Agency Series
- Arbitration Breakdown
Rumors by team
- Angels Rumors
- Astros Rumors
- Athletics Rumors
- Blue Jays Rumors
- Braves Rumors
- Brewers Rumors
- Cardinals Rumors
- Cubs Rumors
- Diamondbacks Rumors
- Dodgers Rumors
- Giants Rumors
- Indians Rumors
- Mariners Rumors
- Marlins Rumors
- Mets Rumors
- Nationals Rumors
- Orioles Rumors
- Padres Rumors
- Phillies Rumors
- Pirates Rumors
- Rangers Rumors
- Rays Rumors
- Red Sox Rumors
- Reds Rumors
- Rockies Rumors
- Royals Rumors
- Tigers Rumors
- Twins Rumors
- White Sox Rumors
- Yankees Rumors
Casey Daigle Rumors
Here are some notable players headed to big league Spring Training camps…
- The Giants announced the names of 22 non-roster invitees to their Spring Training camp, some of whom are former Major Leaguers new to the organization. This group includes infielder Brad Eldred, catcher Chris Stewart, outfielder Terry Evans and right-handers Casey Daigle, Shane Loux and Ryan Vogelsong. Also on the list is Guillermo Mota (who re-signed with San Francisco last month) and Waldis Joaquin, who was claimed on waivers by the White Sox in November but rejected the claim to sign a minor league deal with the Giants. MLB.com's Chris Haft has the full list of invitees here.
- The Angels have signed Kevin Melillo, Kevin Richardson and Gil Velazquez to minor league contracts with Spring Training invites, reports Bill Shaikin of the Los Angeles Times. Velazquez, a 13-year veteran, leads the trio in career Major League plate appearances (11) and joins the Angels after three years in Boston's organization. Richardson, a catcher, has spent his entire nine-year pro career in the Texas organization while utilityman Melillo played for Pittsburgh's Triple-A affiliate last season.
WEDNESDAY: Daigle cleared waivers and accepted a Triple A assignment, tweets Footer.
Daigle, 29, entered today's game having allowed 10 earned runs in 10 innings with the Astros this year. The three earned runs, four hits, and walk that he allowed through just a third of an inning today likely didn't help the former first-round pick's case.
Daigle was drafted by the Diamondbacks 31st overall back in 1999, and spent eight years in their organization. He also has seen time with the Twins' Triple-A affiliate in Rochester, and of course, the Astros. Entering play today, Daigle had accumulated 71.1 big league innings over parts of three seasons, but struggled tremendously. He'd notched a 6.81 ERA and walked more hitters (38) than he'd struck out (29).
Majewski, 30, hasn't appeared in the bigs since 2008 with the Reds. After beginning his career with a 3.11 ERA in his first 107 innings with the Expos/Nationals franchise, he's posted just a 5.81 ERA in 133.1 innings since. For his career, Majewski has fanned 5.3 hitters per nine innings, while walking 3.3.
WEDNESDAY: Sullivan has elected free agency, while Cash and Daigle have accepted minor league assignments, according to Alyson Footer of the Astros (via Twitter).
SUNDAY: The Astros have designated Kevin Cash, Casey Daigle, and Cory Sullivan for assignment, according to Brian McTaggart of MLB.com. The moves were made in order to recall catcher Jason Castro, outfielder Jason Bourgeois, and third baseman Chris Johnson from Triple-A Round Rock.
Cash has caught 18 games for Houston this season, posting a slash line of .216/.286/.353 with two homers. The 32-year-old also pitched an inning in relief for the club in a blowout against the Reds in May.
Daigle pitched six innings across eight games for the Astros with an ERA of 7.50 with 4.5 K/9 and 3.0 BB/9. This season marked Daigle's first cameo in the big leagues since 2006.
Sullivan, 30, has struggled at the plate thus far in 2010. In 70 plate appearances, the outfielder has hit .190/.261/.238.
According to a team press release, the moves will take effect on Tuesday. Castro and Johnson will move into the starting lineup, according to Alyson Footer of the Astros (via Twitter).