Trade Rumors Apps
- Twins To Extend Phil Hughes
- Marlins Acquire Martin Prado From Yankees
- Padres Acquire Derek Norris
- Padres, Rays, Nationals Agree To Wil Myers Trade
- Royals To Sign Edinson Volquez
- Indians Sign Gavin Floyd
- Angels, Rays Swap Kevin Jepsen, Matt Joyce
- Marlins To Sign Michael Morse
- Royals To Sign Alex Rios
- Dodgers To Sign Brett Anderson
- Yankees Sign Chase Headley
- Astros Sign Jed Lowrie
- White Sox To Sign Melky Cabrera
- Red Sox Acquire Wade Miley
- Twins Sign Ervin Santana
- Red Sox Sign Justin Masterson
- Non-Tender Tracker
- Non-Tender Candidates
- 2014-15 Top 50 Free Agents With Predictions
- Trade Rumors iOS App
- Trade Rumors Android App
- MLBTR Podcast
- 2014-15 MLB Free Agent Tracker
- 2015 MLB Free Agent List
- 2014-15 Offseason Outlooks
- 2014-15 Free Agent Profiles
- 2015 Arbitration Tracker
- Projected Arbitration Salaries For 2015
- Free Agent Contest Leaderboard
- Reverse Standings
- 2016 MLB Free Agent List
- Transaction Tracker
- DFA Tracker
- Agency Database
- Hot Stove Glossary
- MLBTR On Facebook
- MLBTR On Twitter
- MLBTR Mobile
- MLBTR On Kindle
- Team Twitter/RSS Feeds
- Team Facebook Pages
- Hoops Rumors
- Pro Football Rumors
- Minor Moves: Twins, Phillies
- NL East Notes: Taylor, Marlins, Haren, Tulo, Gattis
- Cubs Sign Jason Motte
- Pirates Sign Corey Hart
- Outrighted: Bawcom, Villalona, Roach, Watkins
- Padres, Josh Johnson Still Working Toward Deal
- Pirates Win Bidding For Jung-ho Kang
- Giants Re-Sign Sergio Romo
- Nationals, Heath Bell Agree To Minor League Deal
- Twins Extend Phil Hughes
- Arbitration Breakdown: David Price
- Quick Hits: Umpires, Parity, Yankees, Pirates, Tigers
- Free Agent Spending By Division
- Minor Moves: Wil Ledezma
- Padres Don’t Intend To Trade Myers
MLBTR Mailing List
Rumors by team
- Angels Rumors
- Astros Rumors
- Athletics Rumors
- Blue Jays Rumors
- Braves Rumors
- Brewers Rumors
- Cardinals Rumors
- Cubs Rumors
- Diamondbacks Rumors
- Dodgers Rumors
- Giants Rumors
- Indians Rumors
- Mariners Rumors
- Marlins Rumors
- Mets Rumors
- Nationals Rumors
- Orioles Rumors
- Padres Rumors
- Phillies Rumors
- Pirates Rumors
- Rangers Rumors
- Rays Rumors
- Red Sox Rumors
- Reds Rumors
- Rockies Rumors
- Royals Rumors
- Tigers Rumors
- Twins Rumors
- White Sox Rumors
- Yankees Rumors
Chris Seddon Rumors
The SK Wyverns, a team in South Korea, signed lefty Chris Seddon, tweets Dan Kurtz of mykbo.net. The Wyverns have since announced the move. Seddon, 29, tallied 34 1/3 relief inning for the Indians this year and another 123 at Triple-A.
A roundup of tonight's links as we have our eyes fixed on the Winter Meetings countdown clock..
- The Phillies continue to go hard on Angel Pagan while Giants look to be short right now on average annual value in a four-year deal, tweets Buster Olney of ESPN.com. Olney previous reported that the Phillies and Pagan have been talking for weeks.
- Indians General Manager Chris Antonetti says he has interest in re-signing Jack Hannahan, Rafael Perez, and Chris Seddon, tweets Paul Hoynes of the Plain Dealer. All three players were non-tendered on Friday.
- Brewers GM Doug Melvin says that he sees a Kameron Loe-type pitcher in the newly-acquired Burke Badenhop, writes Tom Haudricourt of the Journal Sentinel. "He's a similar pitcher to Loe," said Melvin. "He might have been a non-tender, so we put the deal together late (Friday) night. Instead of letting him go out on the market where you don't know what might happen, we thought it best to make a trade for him."
The Indians claimed infielder Mike McDade off of waivers from the Blue Jays, Paul Hoynes of the Cleveland Plain Dealer reports (on Twitter). The Indians designated left-hander Chris Seddon for assignment in a related move.
McDade, 23, posted a .285/.360/.445 with 17 home runs in the upper minors of Toronto's system this past season. Toronto designated him for assignment ten days ago.
Here's where we'll keep track of today's minor moves…
- The Nationals agreed to sign catcher James Skelton to a minor league deal, MLB.com's Bill Ladson tweets. The 26-year-old spent the 2011 season with Cincinnati's top affiliates, posting a .221/.360/.346 line in 174 plate appearances.
- The Indians announced that they signed left-hander Chris Seddon to a minor league contract that inlcudes an invitation to Spring Training. The 28-year-old has MLB experience with the 2007 Marlins and the 2010 Mariners, but spent the 2011 season at the Triple-A level, where he posted a 6.27 ERA with 7.2 K/9 and 4.2 BB/9 in 149 1/3 innings of work. He'll enter Spring Training as a starter and at the moment it looks as though he'll provide depth at Triple-A, tweets MLB.com's Jordan Bastian.
The Mariners completed a slew of minor moves today…
- David Pauley was signed to a minor league deal. The 26-year-old spent 2009 in the Orioles system, posting a 4.37 ERA in 152.1 Triple-A innings.
- Mike Koplove was re-signed to a minor league deal. The 33-year-old finished the 2009 in Seattle's system, putting up a 1.87 ERA in 72.1 Triple-A innings. He also pitched in the Phillies' and Pirates' systems last season.
- Levale Speigner also signed a minor league deal. The 29-year-old had a 2.56 ERA while pitching in the Marlins' farm system in 2009.
- The team also signed righty Steven Shell, lefty Chris Seddon, and catcher Guillermo Quiroz to minor league pacts.