The offseason hot stove has cooled down as teams evaluate their needs early in the season, but we're still providing plenty of content here at MLBTR. Here's recap of our original posts from the last seven days...
- Tim Dierkes spoke to several executives and agents about what Vernon Wells would have gotten as a free agent this past offseason while Ben Nicholson-Smith spoke to Rockies' senior director of international scouting Rolando Fernandez about how the team has constructed its rotation.
- Tim also listed next offseason's best available starters, and Ben listed some players that may qualify as Super Twos after the season as well as some that could just miss the cutoff.
- Several players could be in line for major arbitration raises after the season, and the free agent second base market has changed dramatically over the last few months.
- Ben looked at when sellers start selling and revisited both the Brandon Phillips trade and the Jason Hammel trade. Josh Beckett's extension also came up, as did some sophomore pitchers that are candidates for long-term deals.
- I listed the $100MM+ contracts that have already been completed, and also listed how each team acquired their current closer.
- We looked at a number of young players that are candidates for long-term contract extensions, including Gio Gonzalez of the Athletics, Starlin Castro of the Cubs, Tim Lincecum of the Giants, and David Price of the Rays.
- Russell Branyan of the Diamondbacks, Erik Bedard of the Mariners, and Jeremy Guthrie of the Orioles were looked at as trade candidates.
- The offseason in review series continued with the Rangers, Nationals, Royals, Dodgers, Blue Jays, and Cardinals.
- This week's poll question asked if you think Manny Ramirez deserves to be inducted into the Hall of Fame.
- I rounded up the best the blogosphere had to offer in this week's Baseball Blogs Weigh In.
- Howard Megdal reviewed some early-season managerial changes.
- This week's chat transcript can be found here.
- Don't forget about our team Facebook, Twitter, and RSS feeds.
Cardinals Extend Matt Carpenter Diamondbacks To Sign Oliver Perez Nationals Sign Mike Gonzalez Rick Ankiel To Retire Rangers Sign Joe Saunders Indians Acquire Justin Sellers, Designate David Cooper Guillermo Mota Retires Braves To Sign Yenier Bello Athletics Acquire Jake Elmore Carl Pavano Retires Yankees Extend Brett Gardner Yankees Agree To Terms With Andrew Bailey Giants Sign Tyler Colvin Orioles Sign Nelson Cruz Red Sox Sign Chris Capuano Braves Extend Andrelton Simmons Reds Extend Homer Bailey Braves Extend Frank Wren, Fredi Gonzalez Orioles Sign Ubaldo Jimenez Dempster Won't Pitch In 2014 Braves Extend Craig Kimbrel
2014 Top 50 Free Agents With Predictions 2014 MLB Free Agent Tracker 2014 MLB Free Agent List 2015 MLB Free Agent List Non-Tender Candidates Projected Arbitration Salaries For 2014 Free Agent Prediction Contest Leaderboard Transaction Tracker DFA Tracker Agency Database MLBTR iPad/iPhone App MLBTR Android App Interviews Hot Stove Glossary MLBTR On Facebook MLBTR On Twitter MLBTR Mobile MLBTR On Kindle Team Twitter/RSS Feeds Team Facebook Pages
Blue Jays, Orioles In Play For Ervin Santana Ervin Santana Rumors: Saturday Cardinals Extend Matt Carpenter Quick Hits: Perez, Pineda, Mariners, Ramirez, A's Minor Moves: Wil Ledezma Diamondbacks To Sign Oliver Perez Ervin Santana Seeks To Sign One-Year Deal Before Opening Day NL Central Notes: Carpenter, Neshek, Phillips, Cubs Diamondbacks, Oliver Perez Nearing Multi-Year Deal Rangers Sign Joe Saunders Padres Claim Alex Castellanos Luke Hochevar To Undergo Tommy John Surgery Royals Release Brad Penny Ervin Santana's Representation Currently Unsettled AL Central Notes: Masterson, De Aza, Santana, Tigers
How Clubs Determine Pre-Arbitration Salaries Another Bite At The Apple: Opt-Out Clauses In MLB Scouting Masahiro Tanaka Free Agent Contract Trends: 2007-08 To Present Minor League Free Agents Finding Major League Deals Peralta, PED Incentives, And The Next JDA Future Salary Obligations In Context Players Reflect On Arbitration Hearings Why I Chose My Agency Series Arbitration Breakdown
A's Rumors Angels Rumors Astros Rumors Blue Jays Rumors Braves Rumors Brewers Rumors Cardinals Rumors Cubs Rumors Diamondbacks Rumors Dodgers Rumors Giants Rumors Indians Rumors Mariners Rumors Marlins Rumors Mets Rumors Nationals Rumors Orioles Rumors Padres Rumors Phillies Rumors Pirates Rumors Rangers Rumors Rays Rumors Red Sox Rumors Reds Rumors Rockies Rumors Royals Rumors Tigers Rumors Twins Rumors White Sox Rumors Yankees Rumors