Let's round up some manager links as we wait for Game Six of the World Series...
- Torey Lovullo and Joe McEwing aren't on Ben Cherington's initial list of interview candidates for the Red Sox manager's job, reports Joe McDonald of ESPN Boston. "Among those expected to get some consideration" from the Sox include DeMarlo Hale, Sandy Alomar Jr., Ryne Sandberg, Dave Martinez and Pete Mackanin. McDonald also lists Ken Macha and Terry Pendleton as longer-shot possibilities.
- Dale Sveum and Tim Wallach are also mentioned as candidates by Scott Lauber of the Boston Herald. Lauber also reports that Rangers pitching coach Mike Maddux "is interested in becoming a manager."
- "Honestly, I love where I work and who I work with," said Rays manager Joe Maddon when asked by WEEI.com's Rob Bradford about pursuing another manager's job elsewhere. "For me it isn't always about money. I really am humbled by that thought, but at the end of the day I am a Ray and I want to be a Ray."
- Maddon went on to say that Dave Martinez, his bench coach with the Rays, is "ready in the dugout, for sure," but he could have a tough time adjusting to the media responsibilities that come with being the manager of a big market team, like most people would.
- In another WEEI.com piece, Alex Speier passed along a quote from Jack Sands, agent for Cardinals manager Tony La Russa, who appeared on the Dennis & Callahan Show last week. “Tony loves Boston,” said Sands. “Many years ago, he was really thinking this might be a place he might like to come to. … When he first came over to St. Louis, he really was an American League guy. He loved the DH. But now, he loves the double switches. We’ve seen what’s happened in the playoffs. He loves working that bullpen. So I seriously doubt that he would come back to the American League at this point.”
Full Story | Comments (0) | Categories: Boston Red Sox | St. Louis Cardinals | Tampa Bay Rays | Texas Rangers
Chris Snyder Retires Pirates Designate Travis Ishikawa For Assignment Jason Bartlett To Retire Pirates Acquire Ike Davis From Mets Athletics Extend Sean Doolittle Astros To Promote George Springer Padres Extend Jedd Gyorko Athletics Designate Sam Fuld For Assignment Rangers Acquire Hector Noesi Cardinals Extend John Mozeliak Red Sox Sign Ryan Roberts Astros Outright Chia-Jen Lo Rays Extend Yunel Escobar Pirates Extend Neal Huntington, Clint Hurdle Mariners Designate Hector Noesi For Assignment Diamondbacks Claim Roger Kieschnick Indians Extend Jason Kipnis Rays Extend Chris Archer Blue Jays Sign Juan Francisco Indians Extend Yan Gomes Rangers Designate Adam Rosales For Assignment Athletics Designate Michael Taylor For Assignment Red Sox Release Francisco Cordero Royals Release Ramon Hernandez Scott Diamond Accepts Outright Assignment Angels Extend Mike Trout Phillies Acquire Jayson Nix From Rays Yankees Sign Alfredo Aceves
Out Of Options 2014 2014 Top 50 Free Agents With Predictions 2014 MLB Free Agent Tracker 2014 MLB Free Agent List 2015 MLB Free Agent List Non-Tender Candidates Projected Arbitration Salaries For 2014 Free Agent Prediction Contest Leaderboard Transaction Tracker DFA Tracker Agency Database MLBTR iPad/iPhone App MLBTR Android App Interviews Hot Stove Glossary MLBTR On Facebook MLBTR On Twitter MLBTR Mobile MLBTR On Kindle Team Twitter/RSS Feeds Team Facebook Pages
Rosenthal On Diamondbacks, Braves, Drew Chris Snyder Retires Pirates Designate Travis Ishikawa For Assignment NL Notes: Polanco, Bradley, Abreu AL Notes: Orioles, Izturis, Rangers, Bartlett Week In Review: 4/13/14 - 4/19/14 Rangers Outright Daniel McCutchen West Notes: Trout, Kazmir, Padres Pirates Acquire Ike Davis From Mets Fallout From The Ike Davis Trade Yankees Designate Cesar Cabral For Assignment Minor Moves: Brian Omogrosso, Ji-Man Choi, Rafael Perez Jason Bartlett To Retire Mets And Pirates Working On Ike Davis Trade Diamondbacks Designate Ryan Rowland-Smith
How Clubs Determine Pre-Arbitration Salaries Another Bite At The Apple: Opt-Out Clauses In MLB Scouting Masahiro Tanaka Free Agent Contract Trends: 2007-08 To Present Minor League Free Agents Finding Major League Deals Peralta, PED Incentives, And The Next JDA Future Salary Obligations In Context Players Reflect On Arbitration Hearings Why I Chose My Agency Series Arbitration Breakdown
A's Rumors Angels Rumors Astros Rumors Blue Jays Rumors Braves Rumors Brewers Rumors Cardinals Rumors Cubs Rumors Diamondbacks Rumors Dodgers Rumors Giants Rumors Indians Rumors Mariners Rumors Marlins Rumors Mets Rumors Nationals Rumors Orioles Rumors Padres Rumors Phillies Rumors Pirates Rumors Rangers Rumors Rays Rumors Red Sox Rumors Reds Rumors Rockies Rumors Royals Rumors Tigers Rumors Twins Rumors White Sox Rumors Yankees Rumors