Here’s a look back at the past week at MLBTR.
- The Orioles agreed to re-sign first baseman Chris Davis to a seven-year deal.
- The Royals agreed to terms with starter Ian Kennedy on a five-year deal.
- The Marlins agreed to terms on a five-year extension with second baseman Dee Gordon, and a five-year deal with free agent starter Wei-Yin Chen.
- The Dodgers agreed to a six-year deal with Cuban pitcher Yaisel Sierra.
- Dozens of players reached agreements to avoid arbitration, with Kenley Jansen as the top earner, at $10.65MM. You can follow all those agreements using MLBTR’s Arbitration Tracker.
- Royals – OF Lorenzo Cain (two years)
- Rays – IF Logan Forsythe (two years)
- Pirates – C Chris Stewart (two years)
- Diamondbacks – acquired P Cody Hall from Giants
- Yankees – acquired P Tyler Olson and IF Ronald Torreyes from Dodgers for IF Rob Segedin and a PTBNL or cash
- Mariners – acquired P Joe Wieland from Dodgers for IF Erick Mejia
Signings / Re-signings
- Rockies – OF Gerardo Parra (three years)
- Cardinals – P Seung-hwan Oh (one year)
- Padres – SS Alexei Ramirez (one year), P Carlos Villanueva (one year)
- Angels – P Al Alburquerque (one year)
- Marlins – IF Chris Johnson (link)
Designated For Assignment
- Yankees – IF Ronald Torreyes (link)
- Diamondbacks – P Matt Stites (link)
- Marlins – IF Tommy Medica, P Andre Rienzo (link)
- Mariners – P A.J. Schugel (link)
Key Minor League Signings