- Yankees Acquire Josh Outman
- Dodgers, Phillies Complete Roberto Hernandez Trade
- Morneau Claimed By Brewers, Pulled Back By Rockies
- Astros Pull Chad Qualls Off Waivers
- Feldman, Colon Clear Revocable Waivers
- Athletics Acquire Geovany Soto
- Indians Acquire Chris Gimenez
- Red Sox Sign Rusney Castillo
- Angels Acquire Gordon Beckham
- Garrett Richards Out 6-9 Months
- Indians Extend Scott Atchison
- Rob Manfred Elected As Next Commissioner
- Pirates Acquire John Axford
- Royals Acquire Josh Willingham
- Tyler Skaggs Requires Tommy John Surgery
- Dodgers Acquire Kevin Correia
- Cubs Acquire Jacob Turner
- Angels Acquire Vinnie Pestano
- Hoops Rumors
- Pro Football Rumors
- Reverse Standings
- Players Who Have Cleared Revocable Waivers
- 2015 MLB Free Agent List
- 2015 MLB Free Agent Power Rankings
- Transaction Tracker
- DFA Tracker
- Agency Database
- MLBTR iPad/iPhone App
- MLBTR Android App
- Hot Stove Glossary
- MLBTR On Facebook
- MLBTR On Twitter
- MLBTR Mobile
- MLBTR On Kindle
- Team Twitter/RSS Feeds
- Team Facebook Pages
- Royals Designate Bruce Chen For Assignment
- Angels Outright Dane De La Rosa
- Diamondbacks Release Xavier Paul
- Rangers Release Phil Irwin
- Orioles, Nelson Cruz Mutually Interested In Extension
- Yankees Designate Rich Hill For Assignment
- Twenty Teams Attend Showcase For Cuesta, Siverio
- Indians Sign Russell Branyan
- Tigers Designate Jose Ortega For Assignment
- Quick Hits: Montero, Astros, Pierzynski
- AL East Links: Jeter, Beckham, Orioles
- Jorge De La Rosa Claimed, Blocked On Waivers
- Mets Notes: Wheeler, d’Arnaud, Alderson
- Rangers Notes: Lewis, Bridwell, Rosales
- Quick Hits: Herrera, O’s, Mariners, Cubs, V-Mart
MLBTR Mailing List
Rumors by team
- Angels Rumors
- Astros Rumors
- Athletics Rumors
- Blue Jays Rumors
- Braves Rumors
- Brewers Rumors
- Cardinals Rumors
- Cubs Rumors
- Diamondbacks Rumors
- Dodgers Rumors
- Giants Rumors
- Indians Rumors
- Mariners Rumors
- Marlins Rumors
- Mets Rumors
- Nationals Rumors
- Orioles Rumors
- Padres Rumors
- Phillies Rumors
- Pirates Rumors
- Rangers Rumors
- Rays Rumors
- Red Sox Rumors
- Reds Rumors
- Rockies Rumors
- Royals Rumors
- Tigers Rumors
- Twins Rumors
- White Sox Rumors
- Yankees Rumors
Chad Reineke Rumors
Here are Sunday’s minor moves from around MLB:
- Pitcher Bobby Korecky has cleared optional waivers and remains on the Blue Jays‘ 40-man roster, Brendan Kennedy of the Toronto Star tweets. The Blue Jays designated Korecky for assignment on Friday. He is headed to Triple-A Buffalo. Korecky appeared in just one game for Toronto this year and has spent most of the year with Buffalo, posting an 0.29 ERA with 9.3 K/9 and 2.3 BB/9 in 31 innings there.
- Outfielder Andy Simunic has been released from the Astros‘ Triple-A affiliate, per the Pacific Coast League’s transaction page. The 28-year-old, Houston’s 17th-round selection in 2008, batted .263/.333/.347 in 106 plate appearances (30 games) for Oklahoma City. Simunic, who tore the ligament in his right elbow pitching in a blowout loss last year (his recovery was chronicled recently by Evan Drellich of the Houston Chronicle), slashed .276/.358/.340 during his seven-year minor league career, all spent in the Astros’ organization.
- Right-hander Chad Reineke has been released from the Reds‘ Triple-A affiliate, per the International League transactions page. The 32-year-old made 11 appearances (four starts) for Louisville compiling a 9.20 ERA, 5.6 K/9, and 4.2 BB/9 in 30 1/3 innings of work. Reineke last pitched in a MLB game in 2011 for Cincinnati.
- The Padres have announced they have signed first baseman Cody Overbeck to a minor league deal. Overbeck, a 2009 ninth-round selection of the Phillies, was playing for the Bridgeport Bluefish of the independent Atlantic League where he posted a slash of .276/.326/.528 in 132 plate appearances through 32 games.
- Per MLBTR’s DFA Tracker, there are four players in DFA limbo: Vin Mazzaro (Pirates), Blake Wood (Indians), Jeremy Horst (Phillies) and Wade LeBlanc (Angels).
Charlie Wilmoth contributed to this post.
We'll keep track of today's minor moves right here. News of these moves are courtesy of Matt Eddy of Baseball America unless indicated otherwise..
- The Orioles signed 17-year-old Colombian right-hander Yeizer Marrugo to a deal with a $120K bonus, according to Ernesto Armenteros D. of El Universal (Spanish link) and passed along by Eddy. In the El Universal story, O's scout Jorge Franco says that Marrugo's fastball topped out at 91 mph when they recently scouted him and the youngster has the talent to make it to the majors in five years.
- The Phillies acquired right-hander Adam Worthington from the Diamondbacks as player to be named for left-hander Mike Zagurski. The Phillies sent Zagurski to Arizona in a September trade.
- Cubs outfielder Lou Montanez elected free agency after recently being outrighted off of the club's 40-man roster.
- The Reds re-signed right-hander Chad Reineke after the pitcher elected free agency in October. Reineke had a 3.84 ERA in 25 games (22 starts) with Triple-A Louisville in 2011.
- The Rockies released shortstop Ryan Rohlinger. Rohlinger hit .247/.353/.409 in 103 Triple-A games for Colorado and the Giants.
- The Royals signed a pair of left-handers in Marlon Arias and Tommy Hottovy. Arias spent seven years in the Dodgers system, but hasn't pitched domestically since becoming a free agent following the 2009 season.
- The Marlins signed right-hander Robert Ray, who appeared in a handful of Major League games for the Blue Jays in 2009 and 2010. They also re-signed catcher Luke Montz.
- The Dodgers signed shorstop Luis Cruz.
- The Diamondbacks signed shortstop Wladimir Sutil to a minor league deal, according to El Universal (Spanish link). Nick Piecoro of The Arizona Republic confirmed the signing to MLBTR.
- The Nationals have re-signed catcher Carlos Maldonado, according to Bill Ladson of MLB.com (via Twitter). The move was first reported by El Universal (Spanish link). Maldonado, 32, hit .234/.361/.342 in 38 games with Triple-A Syracuse this season and spent four games on the Nats' varsity squad in 2011.
Full Story | Comments | Categories: Arizona Diamondbacks | Baltimore Orioles | Carlos Maldonado | Chad Reineke | Chicago Cubs | Cincinnati Reds | Colorado Rockies | Kansas City Royals | Los Angeles Dodgers | Miami Marlins | Philadelphia Phillies | Transactions | Washington Nationals | Wladimir Sutil
Fred Lewis and Chad Reineke have elected free agency, according to Reds assistant director of media relations Jamie Ramsey. Both players made their decision earlier in October.
Lewis signed a one-year, $900K deal with Cincinnati in January and looked to add some left-handed hitting depth to the Reds' outfield. Lewis, however, hit .230/.321/.317 in 210 plate appearances this season, with all but 13 of those PAs coming against right-handed pitching. He was also caught five times in seven steal attempts and spent time on the DL with an oblique injury.
Reineke, 29, appeared in just two games with the Reds last season and has seven Major League appearances (five of them starts) to his name over three seasons. The right-hander re-signed with Cincinnati last year after entering free agency, so don't be surprised to see Reineke ink another minor league deal with the Reds sometime this winter. Reineke had a 3.84 ERA in 25 games (22 starts) with Triple-A Louisville in 2011.
Here's a look at some notable names involved in minor transactions between November 16-21, as compiled by Baseball America's Matt Eddy…
- Left-hander Scott Rice signed with the Cubs. Rice was picked 44th overall by Baltimore in the 1999 amateur draft, but has yet to get a cup of coffee in the majors after appearing in 377 minor league games.
- Right-hander Jon Huber re-signed with the Dodgers. Huber last pitched in the majors in 2007 with Seattle.
- Veteran right-hander Scott Patterson re-signed with the Mariners. Patterson has four major league games to his name, with the Padres and Yankees in 2008.
- The Marlins re-signed Vinny Rottino, and also signed relievers Victor Garate and Frank Mata. The Fish also removed right-hander Brett Sinkbeil from their 40-man roster. Sinkbeil was Florida's first-round pick (19th overall) in the 2006 draft, drafted ahead of such notables as Daniel Bard, Joba Chamberlain and Chris Perez.
- Former Tigers outfielder Jeff Frazier signed with the Nationals. Frazier made his major league debut with Detroit last season, posting a .511 OPS in 24 plate appearances.
- The Orioles removed right-hander Armando Gabino and first baseman Rhyne Hughes from their 40-man roster, and Gabino elected free agency. Gabino has a 15.12 ERA in 8 1/3 major league innings with Baltimore and Minnesota. Hughes posted a .530 OPS in 51 plate appearances for the O's last season.
- Pittsburgh released a number of minor leaguers, including a few notable international players. Taiwanese prospects Sheng-Cin Hong and Chih-Wei Hsu, both signed by the Pirates at the start of the 2009 international signing period, have been let go by the club. Also released was Dinesh Patel, signed by Pittsburgh in 2008 after being a finalist on the Indian reality show "Million Dollar Arm." Patel, a cricket player, had never pitched or even picked up a baseball before appearing on the show.
- The Rangers reinstated Nathan Haynes from the inactive list and released the outfielder. Haynes hasn't actually played since 2008. Drafted 32nd overall by Oakland in the 1997 amateur draft, Haynes never caught on in the bigs, managing 95 career plate appearances with the Angels and Rays in 2007-08.
- Right-hander Chad Reineke, best known for being traded straight-up for Randy Wolf in 2008, has re-signed with the Reds.
- The Tigers outrighted Fu-Te Ni to Triple-A and removed the Taiwanese southpaw from their 40-man roster. Ni had an impressive 2.61 ERA in 36 outings in his 2009 rookie season, but his ERA ballooned to 6.65 in 22 games with Detroit last year.
Full Story | Comments | Categories: Armando Gambino | Baltimore Orioles | Chad Reineke | Chicago Cubs | Cincinnati Reds | Detroit Tigers | Fu-Te Ni | Jeff Frazier | Jon Huber | Los Angeles Dodgers | Miami Marlins | Nathan Haynes | Pittsburgh Pirates | Rhyne Hughes | Seattle Mariners | Texas Rangers | Transactions | Victor Garate | Vinny Rottino | Washington Nationals