Trade Rumors Apps
- Dodgers Acquire Joel Peralta
- Athletics Sign Billy Butler
- White Sox Sign Zach Duke
- Marlins Sign Giancarlo Stanton To 13-Year, $325MM Extension
- Blue Jays Sign Russell Martin
- Braves, Cardinals Trade Jason Heyward For Shelby Miller
- Tigers Exercise Alex Avila's Option
- Diamondbacks Acquire Jeremy Hellickson
- Pirates Sign A.J. Burnett
- Rangers Extend Jon Daniels, Thad Levine
- Jays, Tigers Swap Gose For Travis
- Pirates Acquire Francisco Cervelli For Justin Wilson
- Tigers Re-Sign Victor Martinez
- 2014-15 Top 50 Free Agents With Predictions
- Non-Tender Candidates
- Trade Rumors iOS App
- Trade Rumors Android App
- MLBTR Podcast
- 2014-15 MLB Free Agent Tracker
- 2015 MLB Free Agent List
- 2014-15 Offseason Outlooks
- 2014-15 Free Agent Profiles
- Projected Arbitration Salaries For 2015
- Free Agent Contest Leaderboard
- Reverse Standings
- 2016 MLB Free Agent List
- Transaction Tracker
- DFA Tracker
- Agency Database
- Hot Stove Glossary
- MLBTR On Facebook
- MLBTR On Twitter
- MLBTR Mobile
- MLBTR On Kindle
- Team Twitter/RSS Feeds
- Team Facebook Pages
- Hoops Rumors
- Pro Football Rumors
- Free Agent Notes: Robertson, Lester, Hunter, Scherzer
- Rays Managerial Finalists Are Wakamatsu, Cash, Ibanez
- Minor Moves: Romak, Orioles, Billings, Avery
- Andrew Miller Has Multiple Three-Year Offers
- Pablo Sandoval Rumors: Friday
- MLB Trade Rumors Podcast: Episode 7
- NL West Notes: Preller, Montero, D’Backs, Anderson, Giants
- Reds Listening On Jay Bruce; Padres Have Shown Interest
- NL East Links: Lester, Stanton, Niese, Mets
- Braves Shopping Justin Upton; Asking Price Higher Than Heyward
- Quick Hits: Saberhagen, Kubel, Transactions, Front Offices
- Pirates To Sign Radhames Liz To Major League Deal
- Padres, Braves Emerging As Yasmany Tomas Favorites
- Mitch Moreland, Michael Saunders Change Agencies
- Dodgers Acquire Joel Peralta
MLBTR Mailing List
Rumors by team
- Angels Rumors
- Astros Rumors
- Athletics Rumors
- Blue Jays Rumors
- Braves Rumors
- Brewers Rumors
- Cardinals Rumors
- Cubs Rumors
- Diamondbacks Rumors
- Dodgers Rumors
- Giants Rumors
- Indians Rumors
- Mariners Rumors
- Marlins Rumors
- Mets Rumors
- Nationals Rumors
- Orioles Rumors
- Padres Rumors
- Phillies Rumors
- Pirates Rumors
- Rangers Rumors
- Rays Rumors
- Red Sox Rumors
- Reds Rumors
- Rockies Rumors
- Royals Rumors
- Tigers Rumors
- Twins Rumors
- White Sox Rumors
- Yankees Rumors
Ryan Tucker Rumors
The Dodgers announced the signing of 15 non-roster players yesterday, reported MLB.com's Ken Gurnick: catcher Josh Bard, lefty reliever Wil Ledezma, lefty reliever Alberto Castillo, righty reliever Angel Guzman, outfielder Cory Sullivan, righty reliever Fernando Nieve, righty reliever Jose Ascanio, righty Ryan Tucker, righty Will Savage, lefty Matt Chico, lefty Scott Rice, corner infielder Jeff Baisley, infielder Lance Zawadzki, and infielder Luis Cruz.
Bard, 33, had 86 plate appearances for the Mariners this year and another 250 in Triple-A. His signing was first rumored last week at the Winter Meetings. Ledezma, 30, briefly appeared in the Majors with Toronto this year. He struck out 64 batters in 48 Triple-A innings as well. Castillo, a 36-year-old Cuban, tossed 11 2/3 innings for the Diamondbacks and a strong 42 1/3 frames at Triple-A. His near-deal was first reported last week.
Ascanio, 26, appeared briefly in the bigs with the Pirates this year and also whiffed 50 in 44 Triple-A innings. He was part of the July '09 John Grabow-Tom Gorzelanny trade with the Cubs, but he had labrum surgery in October of that year. Tucker, 25, is a former first-round pick of the Marlins who pitched five innings with the Rangers this year and 68 1/3 more in Triple-A. Guzman, Sullivan, Nieve, Chico, Baisley, Zawadzki, and Cruz have also spent time in the Majors. Guzman, notably, was a successful setup man for the Cubs in '09.
The Rangers will release Ryan Tucker to create 40-man roster space for Mark Hamburger, according to Anthony Andro of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram (on Twitter). Tucker, 24, had not been on the Rangers' active roster before they made the move.
Tucker appeared in five games for the Rangers this year, but spent most of his season at Triple-A Round Rock. The right-hander posted a 5.40 ERA with 8.4 K/9 and 4.1 BB/9 in 68 1/3 innings at Triple-A before getting released. The Rangers claimed Tucker, a first round pick in 2005, off of waivers from the Marlins last October.
The Rangers re-signed catcher Matt Treanor to a one-year, $850K contract, reports MLB.com's T.R. Sullivan. He adds that they also outrighted pitcher Ryan Tucker, who cleared waivers and was assigned to Triple-A Round Rock.
Treanor, 35 in March, hit .211/.287/.308 in 272 plate appearances for the Rangers this year, leading the team with 614 2/3 innings caught. Treanor signed a minor league contract with the Brewers a year ago and was dealt to the Rangers in March. He missed time in July and August with a knee sprain. The Rangers signed Yorvit Torrealba in November, so their catching tandem is in place.
The Rangers have claimed Ryan Tucker off waivers from the Marlins, according to Joe Capozzi of the Palm Beach Post (via Twitter). To make room on their roster for Tucker, Texas designated Rich Harden for assignment, tweets MLB Network Radio Executive Producer Brent S. Gambill.
Tucker, 23, was selected 34th overall by the Marlins in the supplemental round of the 2005 draft. Though Baseball America ranked him as Florida's sixth-best prospect prior to the season, the right-hander struggled in 32 minor league appearances this year, posting a 5.72 ERA over 67.2 innings. Tucker enjoyed his best season in 2008, when he was named the Marlins' minor league pitcher of the year and made 13 appearances for the big league club.
Harden, meanwhile, signed a one-year contract last winter which includes an $11MM mutual option for 2011. Considering the righty didn't even pitch well enough this year to crack the Rangers' ALDS roster, the team figures to have to pay the $1MM buyout.
Links for Friday…
- Mets owner Fred Wilpon lost some dough.
- The Red Sox expressed interest in Kenshin Kawakami yesterday. Michael Silverman says Kawakami is expected to choose a team and sign in January (the Orioles are also interested).
- John Perrotto says the Marlins like Max Ramirez and are willing to trade pitching prospect Ryan Tucker.
- Bernie Williams will play winter ball in preparation for the World Baseball Classic.
- Paul Sullivan says Cubs manager Lou Piniella was upset at the thought of losing Mark DeRosa.
- Rany Jazayerli weighs in on the Royals’ signing of Kyle Farnsworth. Joe Posnanski talks about Farnsworth and many other topics.
- Andrew Baggarly says the Giants are not interested in Mike Lowell.
- Bob Elliott says the Blue Jays had an agreement to pay the Braves to take Everth Cabrera seventh in the Rule 5 draft, but the Padres picked him third.
Full Story | Comments | Categories: Atlanta Braves | Baltimore Orioles | Bernie Williams | Boston Red Sox | Chicago Cubs | Kansas City Royals | Kenshin Kawakami | Kyle Farnsworth | Mark DeRosa | Max Ramirez | Miami Marlins | Mike Lowell | New York Mets | Ryan Tucker | San Diego Padres | San Francisco Giants | Texas Rangers | Toronto Blue Jays