On this date eight years ago, Barry Bonds hit his 500th career home run and on this date three years ago, Pedro Martinez won his 200th game. Both players are likely headed to Cooperstown, neither player has retired and yet both players are without a team. As we wrap up the second week of the '09 season, let's take a look at what is being written in the Blogosphere...
- Surviving Grady fancies the Red Sox new Canadian import, Jason Bay, who is helping Bostonians forget all about...what was his name?
- UmpBump puts together an impressive roster of players Ned Colletti "gave up on."
- The Ghost of Moonlight Graham shows that history does not favor pitchers taken with the top pick of the draft. In fact, they also show that of the best pitchers acquired via the draft in the last 20 years, only Dwight Gooden was drafted in the first five picks.
- Jorge Says No puts together a roster of the worst free agent contracts of the last five years.
- Feeling Dodger Blue looks at the Dodgers' most recent top picks, both pitchers, and both appear to finally be healthy.