Royals GM Dayton Moore told Bob Dutton of the Kansas City Star that he doesn't expect to trade Zack Greinke any time soon. “There’s nothing in the works, and I don’t anticipate anything happening real quick unless someone calls and just blows us away," Moore said. "I haven’t made any calls to clubs.” Here's the latest on Greinke and the Royals:
- The Blue Jays aren't the only AL East team to inquire on Greinke; the Red Sox have also expressed interest.
- The Blue Jays are one of many teams with interest in Alex Gordon, but Royals officials say they won’t dump the former top prospect for a small return.
- Moore says “Jeff [Francoeur] is a winning-type baseball player who brings a lot of energy.” It sounds like the Royals have some interest in the free agent, but Moore cautioned that a potential deal would have to work for both sides.
- Japanese clubs are interested in Phil Humber and Bryan Bullington, but the players would have to approve any deal.
- The Royals allowed former prospect Chris McConnell to become a minor league free agent over the winter.