With a relatively small amount of baseball news being made during in the last week, we pumped out plenty of original content to help quench your hot stove thirst. Let's recap all of it...
- With 2010 drawing to close, we presented our list of the top 15 stories of the year, led by Cliff Lee's season-long saga. Ben Nicholson-Smith also rounded up the top 15 remaining free agents, and we also looked at each club's remaining needs.
- Tim Dierkes looked ahead to potential impact bats that could be available after the 2012 season, and wondering how long Phillies' four aces could stay together. He also listed the best signings from January 2010, the hardest available throwers, and wrote about all the backloaded deals being given out.
- Ben named five outfielders that could benefit from Jayson Werth's contract, and looked to see if there's a fit between the Rays and Brian Fuentes. He also examined the Mariners' offseason, explained what changed for Orlando Hudson, listed the remaining free agents that will cost a draft pick to sign, and explored outfield options for the Braves. Finally, he spoke to Pirates GM Neal Huntington about his team's rebuilt bench.
- Steve Adams looked at alternatives for Adam LaRoche, Dan Mennella broke down the market for Rafael Soriano, and Luke Adams tried to dig up possible fits for Grant Balfour. Ben did the same for Troy Glaus, Tim for Manny Ramirez. I examined the youngest free agent on the market.
- This week's poll questions asked which DH you'd sign for 2011, where Scott Podsednik will sign, where Adrian Beltre will sign, will Carl Pavano get a three-year deal, and whether or not Andy Pettitte will retire.
- Discussion topics included lefty relief options for the Mets, middle infield options for the Yankees, and Washington's first base backup plan.
- We explored the history of transactions made on December 26th, December 28th, December 31st, and January 2nd.
- Howard Megdal's latest Jack Of All Trades post focused on Esteban Loaiza.
- I rounded up the best the blogosphere had to offer in this week's Baseball Blogs Weigh In.
- This week's chat transcript can be found here.
- Our Arbitration Tracker debuted, and there will plenty of action for the Angels, Padres, Blue Jays, and Giants. Don't forget to check out our team Facebook pages.
Yankees To Sign Carlos Beltran Red Sox To Re-Sign Mike Napoli Nationals To Sign Nate McLouth Rangers To Sign J.P. Arencibia Astros To Sign Scott Feldman Mets To Sign Curtis Granderson Mariners To Sign Robinson Cano Yankees To Re-Sign Hiroki Kuroda Orioles To Sign Francisco Peguero Orioles To Sign Ryan Webb Marlins To Sign Rafael Furcal White Sox To Sign Ronald Belisario Dodgers Re-Sign Brian Wilson Red Sox To Sign Edward Mujica Royals Acquire Norichika Aoki Yankees To Sign Kelly Johnson Cubs Sign Wesley Wright White Sox Re-Sign Paul Konerko Rockies To Sign Justin Morneau Yankees Agree To Sign Jacoby Ellsbury Marlins Sign Jarrod Saltalamacchia Astros Acquire Dexter Fowler Padres, A's Swap Seth Smith For Luke Gregerson A's Acquire Craig Gentry, Josh Lindblom Rays Extend Ryan Hanigan Rays Acquire Ryan Hanigan Tigers Sign Joe Nathan Red Sox Sign A.J. Pierzynski Athletics Acquire Jim Johnson For Jemile Weeks
2014 Top 50 Free Agents With Predictions 2014 MLB Free Agent Tracker 2014 MLB Free Agent List 2015 MLB Free Agent List Non-Tender Candidates Projected Arbitration Salaries For 2014 Free Agent Prediction Contest Leaderboard Transaction Tracker DFA Tracker Agency Database MLBTR iPad/iPhone App MLBTR Android App Interviews Hot Stove Glossary MLBTR On Facebook MLBTR On Twitter MLBTR Mobile MLBTR On Kindle Team Twitter/RSS Feeds Team Facebook Pages
Red Sox To Sign Edward Mujica Rakuten Golden Eagles May Not Post Masahiro Tanaka Orioles Sign Francisco Peguero Rockies And Athletics Explored Brett Anderson Trade Market Reset: 2013-14 Free Agent Spending To Date Quick Hits: Astros, Papelbon, Happ, Betancourt Central Notes: Phillips, Axford, Joba, Buck Yankees Notes: Infante, Price, Drew, Choo NL West Notes: Kemp, Veras, Crain, Padres Reaction & Analysis To Robinson Cano's Signing Red Sox Links: Mujica, Payroll, Drew Notes On Granderson, Beltran, Napoli Mariners To Sign Robinson Cano Minor Moves: Thames, Tekotte, McDade Yankees To Sign Carlos Beltran
Peralta, PED Incentives, And The Next JDA Future Salary Obligations In Context Players Reflect On Arbitration Hearings Why I Chose My Agency Series Arbitration Breakdown
A's Rumors Angels Rumors Astros Rumors Blue Jays Rumors Braves Rumors Brewers Rumors Cardinals Rumors Cubs Rumors Diamondbacks Rumors Dodgers Rumors Giants Rumors Indians Rumors Mariners Rumors Marlins Rumors Mets Rumors Nationals Rumors Orioles Rumors Padres Rumors Phillies Rumors Pirates Rumors Rangers Rumors Rays Rumors Red Sox Rumors Reds Rumors Rockies Rumors Royals Rumors Tigers Rumors Twins Rumors White Sox Rumors Yankees Rumors