- There will be no decision by Albert Pujols prior to the Meetings' conclusion, however we do know this: The Marlins are likely out, but the Angels are definitely in. The Angels claim they can sign both Pujols and C.J. Wilson. Reports of a 10-year, $220MM offer from the Cardinals may not be accurate, and ESPN's Jayson Stark reported there is indeed an unknown third team in the mix that would need to trade an established first baseman to clear room for The Machine.
- One big reason the Marlins are out on Pujols is the fact that $58MM of their perhaps not endless budget went to a four-year deal for Mark Buehrle. The long-time South Side hurler will now reunite with manager Ozzie Guillen in South Beach.
- With Buehrle off the market, all eyes are on C.J. Wilson, who is expected to announce that he'll sign with the Angels or Marlins this morning. While the Fish have a six-year offer on the table for Wilson, it's the industry consensus right now that he'll take a five-year deal to pitch for the Angels near his California home.
- With the top two American southpaws set to come off the market, it'll become open season on Yu Darvish. The Nippon-Ham Fighters ace announced late last night that he'll be posted today. So far, reports suggest the Rangers, Blue Jays, and Yankees are expected to bid with the Red Sox being a potential wild card.
- Those not wanting to spend big in dollars could instead spend big in prospects and pony up for the Dan Haren-esque haul the Athletics want in exchange for Gio Gonzalez. While the Oakland ace is a hot topic, he's not expected to be dealt before the Meetings end.
- If a Haren haul's not your thing but controllable left-handed pitchers are, you might try giving the Mets a call about Jonathon Niese. The Amazins are willing to listen on Niese and any player whose last name isn't "Wright."
- The Padres found Heath Bell's replacement when they nabbed Huston Street from the Rockies for nothing more than a player to be named later and the majority of Street's salary.
- The Red Sox are looking to trade for a Western division closer of their own, but their talks with the A's about Andrew Bailey aren't progressing as well. They offered Josh Reddick and some prospects, but the two sides aren't close.
- Marlins executives shot down the reports that Hanley Ramirez wanted to restructure his contract following the signing of Jose Reyes and assure that he will not be traded.
- Last night was the deadline for free agents who'd been offered arbitration to accept or decline. Here's the rundown, but all you really need to know is that the only three who accepted are Kelly Johnson, David Ortiz, and Francisco Rodriguez.
- K-Rod's acceptance seems to have really thrown a wrench into the Brewers' offseason plans, but GM Doug Melvin says they knew it was a possibility and took the risk. The Brew Crew expected Jimmy Rollins to re-sign with the Phillies even before that decision, at least.
- The Astros hired former Cardinals exec Jeff Luhnow as their new general manager.
- The Tigers are nearing a deal with the well-traveled Octavio Dotel, while the Angels came to terms with righty LaTroy Hawkins for $3MM on a one-year deal.
- The Yankees surprisingly won the bid for Japanese shortstop Hiroyuki Nakajima and are also willing to eat $8MM of A.J. Burnett's salary to faciliate a trade.
- The Pirates bought a whole bunch of upside for $4.5MM when they signed free agent lefty Erik Bedard to a one-year deal.
Trade Rumors Apps
- Reds To Extend Devin Mesoraco
- Marlins To Sign Ichiro Suzuki
- Giants Re-Sign Ryan Vogelsong
- Braves Sign Jonny Gomes
- Astros Sign Colby Rasmus
- Rangers Acquire Yovani Gallardo
- Cubs Acquire Dexter Fowler For Valbuena, Straily
- Nationals Sign Max Scherzer
- Cardinals Sign Lance Lynn To Three-Year Deal
- Astros Acquire Evan Gattis
- Nationals, A's Swap Tyler Clippard, Yunel Escobar
- Royals Extend Ned Yost
- D-Backs Sign Yoan Lopez
- Pirates Sign Jung-ho Kang
- Athletics Acquire Ben Zobrist
- Non-Tender Tracker
- Non-Tender Candidates
- 2014-15 Top 50 Free Agents With Predictions
- Trade Rumors iOS App
- Trade Rumors Android App
- MLBTR Podcast
- 2014-15 MLB Free Agent Tracker
- 2015 MLB Free Agent List
- 2014-15 Offseason Outlooks
- 2014-15 Free Agent Profiles
- 2015 Arbitration Tracker
- Projected Arbitration Salaries For 2015
- Free Agent Contest Leaderboard
- Reverse Standings
- 2016 MLB Free Agent List
- Transaction Tracker
- DFA Tracker
- Agency Database
- Hot Stove Glossary
- MLBTR On Facebook
- MLBTR On Twitter
- MLBTR Mobile
- MLBTR On Kindle
- Team Twitter/RSS Feeds
- Team Facebook Pages
- Hoops Rumors
- Pro Football Rumors
- Pitching Notes: Johan, Shields, Twins
- NL Notes: Nats, D’Backs, Rockies
- MLBTR Live Chat
- Minor Moves: Frank Herrmann
- Players Avoiding Arbitration: Tuesday
- Cuba Links: Unblocking, Moncada, Olivera
- AL East Notes: Monbouquette, A-Rod, Blue Jays, Orioles
- The Open Market’s Most Intriguing Remaining Names
- Astros Among Teams With Interest In Kevin Correia
- Central Notes: Ramirez, Shields, Reds
- Latest On Yoan Moncada
- Players Avoiding Arbitration: Monday
- Mariners Re-Sign Endy Chavez
- Minor Moves: Franklin Gutierrez
- Blue Jays Announce One-Year Extension Of President/CEO Paul Beeston
MLBTR Mailing List
Rumors by team
- Angels Rumors
- Astros Rumors
- Athletics Rumors
- Blue Jays Rumors
- Braves Rumors
- Brewers Rumors
- Cardinals Rumors
- Cubs Rumors
- Diamondbacks Rumors
- Dodgers Rumors
- Giants Rumors
- Indians Rumors
- Mariners Rumors
- Marlins Rumors
- Mets Rumors
- Nationals Rumors
- Orioles Rumors
- Padres Rumors
- Phillies Rumors
- Pirates Rumors
- Rangers Rumors
- Rays Rumors
- Red Sox Rumors
- Reds Rumors
- Rockies Rumors
- Royals Rumors
- Tigers Rumors
- Twins Rumors
- White Sox Rumors
- Yankees Rumors