- There will be no decision by Albert Pujols prior to the Meetings' conclusion, however we do know this: The Marlins are likely out, but the Angels are definitely in. The Angels claim they can sign both Pujols and C.J. Wilson. Reports of a 10-year, $220MM offer from the Cardinals may not be accurate, and ESPN's Jayson Stark reported there is indeed an unknown third team in the mix that would need to trade an established first baseman to clear room for The Machine.
- One big reason the Marlins are out on Pujols is the fact that $58MM of their perhaps not endless budget went to a four-year deal for Mark Buehrle. The long-time South Side hurler will now reunite with manager Ozzie Guillen in South Beach.
- With Buehrle off the market, all eyes are on C.J. Wilson, who is expected to announce that he'll sign with the Angels or Marlins this morning. While the Fish have a six-year offer on the table for Wilson, it's the industry consensus right now that he'll take a five-year deal to pitch for the Angels near his California home.
- With the top two American southpaws set to come off the market, it'll become open season on Yu Darvish. The Nippon-Ham Fighters ace announced late last night that he'll be posted today. So far, reports suggest the Rangers, Blue Jays, and Yankees are expected to bid with the Red Sox being a potential wild card.
- Those not wanting to spend big in dollars could instead spend big in prospects and pony up for the Dan Haren-esque haul the Athletics want in exchange for Gio Gonzalez. While the Oakland ace is a hot topic, he's not expected to be dealt before the Meetings end.
- If a Haren haul's not your thing but controllable left-handed pitchers are, you might try giving the Mets a call about Jonathon Niese. The Amazins are willing to listen on Niese and any player whose last name isn't "Wright."
- The Padres found Heath Bell's replacement when they nabbed Huston Street from the Rockies for nothing more than a player to be named later and the majority of Street's salary.
- The Red Sox are looking to trade for a Western division closer of their own, but their talks with the A's about Andrew Bailey aren't progressing as well. They offered Josh Reddick and some prospects, but the two sides aren't close.
- Marlins executives shot down the reports that Hanley Ramirez wanted to restructure his contract following the signing of Jose Reyes and assure that he will not be traded.
- Last night was the deadline for free agents who'd been offered arbitration to accept or decline. Here's the rundown, but all you really need to know is that the only three who accepted are Kelly Johnson, David Ortiz, and Francisco Rodriguez.
- K-Rod's acceptance seems to have really thrown a wrench into the Brewers' offseason plans, but GM Doug Melvin says they knew it was a possibility and took the risk. The Brew Crew expected Jimmy Rollins to re-sign with the Phillies even before that decision, at least.
- The Astros hired former Cardinals exec Jeff Luhnow as their new general manager.
- The Tigers are nearing a deal with the well-traveled Octavio Dotel, while the Angels came to terms with righty LaTroy Hawkins for $3MM on a one-year deal.
- The Yankees surprisingly won the bid for Japanese shortstop Hiroyuki Nakajima and are also willing to eat $8MM of A.J. Burnett's salary to faciliate a trade.
- The Pirates bought a whole bunch of upside for $4.5MM when they signed free agent lefty Erik Bedard to a one-year deal.
Red Sox To Sign Edward Mujica Royals Acquire Norichika Aoki Yankees To Sign Kelly Johnson Cubs Sign Wesley Wright White Sox Re-Sign Paul Konerko Rockies To Sign Justin Morneau Yankees Agree To Sign Jacoby Ellsbury Marlins To Sign Jarrod Saltalamacchia Astros Acquire Dexter Fowler Padres, A's Swap Seth Smith For Luke Gregerson A's Acquire Craig Gentry, Josh Lindblom Rays Extend Ryan Hanigan Rays Acquire Ryan Hanigan Tigers Sign Joe Nathan Red Sox Sign A.J. Pierzynski Athletics Acquire Jim Johnson For Jemile Weeks Nationals Acquire Doug Fister From Tigers Athletics Sign Scott Kazmir Mariners To Sign Willie Bloomquist Blue Jays To Sign Dioner Navarro Twins To Sign Phil Hughes Rays To Re-Sign Juan Carlos Oviedo Giants Re-Sign Ryan Vogelsong Twins Sign Ricky Nolasco Reds Re-Sign Manny Parra
2014 Top 50 Free Agents With Predictions 2014 MLB Free Agent Tracker 2014 MLB Free Agent List 2015 MLB Free Agent List Non-Tender Candidates Projected Arbitration Salaries For 2014 Free Agent Prediction Contest Leaderboard Transaction Tracker DFA Tracker Agency Database MLBTR iPad/iPhone App MLBTR Android App Interviews Hot Stove Glossary MLBTR On Facebook MLBTR On Twitter MLBTR Mobile MLBTR On Kindle Team Twitter/RSS Feeds Team Facebook Pages
Rakuten Golden Eagles May Not Post Masahiro Tanaka MLBPA Names Dave Winfield Special Assistant To Tony Clark Red Sox To Sign Edward Mujica Royals Acquire Norichika Aoki Scott Feldman Targeting Three-Year Deal Yankees To Sign Kelly Johnson MLB, NPB Reach Agreement On Posting System AL East Notes: Yankees, Ellsbury, Red Sox, Peguero NPB Officials Planning To Accept $20MM Maximum Posting Fee NL Notes: Mets, Nats, Reds, Samardzija, Rockies, D-Backs Orioles Interested In Choo, Cruz, Jimenez AL West Notes: Rangers, Arencibia, Kazmir, Hughes, Mariners Dodgers Nearing Agreement With Brian Wilson Central Notes: Tigers, Castellanos, Beltran, Konerko, Twins Cubs Sign Wesley Wright
Peralta, PED Incentives, And The Next JDA Future Salary Obligations In Context Players Reflect On Arbitration Hearings Why I Chose My Agency Series Arbitration Breakdown
A's Rumors Angels Rumors Astros Rumors Blue Jays Rumors Braves Rumors Brewers Rumors Cardinals Rumors Cubs Rumors Diamondbacks Rumors Dodgers Rumors Giants Rumors Indians Rumors Mariners Rumors Marlins Rumors Mets Rumors Nationals Rumors Orioles Rumors Padres Rumors Phillies Rumors Pirates Rumors Rangers Rumors Rays Rumors Red Sox Rumors Reds Rumors Rockies Rumors Royals Rumors Tigers Rumors Twins Rumors White Sox Rumors Yankees Rumors