A pair of notable trades were the highlights of a relatively quiet final week of 2011. Here's a look back at what went down ...
- The Red Sox acquired closer Andrew Bailey and outfielder Ryan Sweeney from the Athletics in exchange for outfielder Josh Reddick and minor leaguers Miles Head and Raul Alcantara.
- The Padres acquired outfielder Carlos Quentin from the White Sox in exchange for minor league pitchers Simon Castro and Pedro Hernandez.
- The Giants and ace Tim Lincecum remained far apart on a potential contract extension.
- The Cubs intensified trade talks regarding right-hander Matt Garza. The Tigers are in the mix, as are the Marlins.
- The Blue Jays agreed to sign reliever Darren Oliver to a one-year contract with a club option for 2013.
- The Yankees agreed to sign reserve outfielder Andruw Jones.
- The Mariners signed lefty reliever George Sherrill.
- The Tigers made it be known that they'd be willing to trade right-hander Jacob Turner.
- Lastings Milledge signed a one-year deal with a club option for 2013 with the Yakult Swallows of NPB.
- Prince Fielder's agent insisted that the free agent first baseman does not prefer a short-term contract to a long-term deal.
- The Nationals officially announced the signing of utility man Mark DeRosa.
- The Yankees may have dropped out of the bidding for free agent starter Hiroki Kuroda.
- The Cubs signed right-hander Andy Sonnanstine to a split contract.
- The Yankees signed left-handed reliever Hideki Okajima to a minor league contract.
- The Giants signed right-hander Boof Bonser to a minor league contract.
- Melvin Mora called it a career.
- The Athletics expressed strong interest in Cuban outfielder Jorge Soler.
- The Orioles continued conversations with the representatives for free agent lefty Joe Saunders.
- Two teams expressed "viable" interest in free agent Japanese right-hander Hisashi Iwakuma.
- The Mariners expressed interest in signing free agent right-hander Kevin Millwood.
- The Diamondbacks signed Cuban left-hander Alexander Carreras.
- The Cubs signed a pair of Cuban prospects.
- The Astros interviewed ESPN analyst Keith Law for several front office positions.
White Sox Sign Felipe Paulino Roy Halladay To Retire Marlins To Sign Garrett Jones Astros Sign Chad Qualls Yankees To Sign Carlos Beltran Red Sox To Re-Sign Mike Napoli Nationals To Sign Nate McLouth Rangers To Sign J.P. Arencibia Astros Sign Scott Feldman Mets To Sign Curtis Granderson Mariners To Sign Robinson Cano Yankees To Re-Sign Hiroki Kuroda Orioles To Sign Francisco Peguero Orioles To Sign Ryan Webb Marlins To Sign Rafael Furcal White Sox To Sign Ronald Belisario Dodgers Re-Sign Brian Wilson Red Sox To Sign Edward Mujica Royals Acquire Norichika Aoki Yankees To Sign Kelly Johnson Cubs Sign Wesley Wright White Sox Re-Sign Paul Konerko Rockies To Sign Justin Morneau Yankees Agree To Sign Jacoby Ellsbury Marlins Sign Jarrod Saltalamacchia Astros Acquire Dexter Fowler Padres, A's Swap Seth Smith For Luke Gregerson A's Acquire Craig Gentry, Josh Lindblom Rays Extend Ryan Hanigan
2014 Top 50 Free Agents With Predictions 2014 MLB Free Agent Tracker 2014 MLB Free Agent List 2015 MLB Free Agent List Non-Tender Candidates Projected Arbitration Salaries For 2014 Free Agent Prediction Contest Leaderboard Transaction Tracker DFA Tracker Agency Database MLBTR iPad/iPhone App MLBTR Android App Interviews Hot Stove Glossary MLBTR On Facebook MLBTR On Twitter MLBTR Mobile MLBTR On Kindle Team Twitter/RSS Feeds Team Facebook Pages
Trade Involving Blue Jays, Rangers Fell Through Reliever Rumors: Balfour, Perez, Logan, O'Flaherty Mark Trumbo "In Play" On Trade Market Cubs Interested In Storen, Clippard Nationals Shopping Danny Espinosa Nelson Cruz Rumors: Monday Marlins Telling Teams They Will Trade Logan Morrison Shortly Jeff Samardzija Rumors: Monday AL West Notes: Zduriencik, Walker, Andrus, Anderson Astros Release Eric Thames Bartolo Colon's Market Heating Up David Price Rumors: Monday White Sox Sign Felipe Paulino Twins Making Push For Bronson Arroyo Indians Sign David Cooper
Peralta, PED Incentives, And The Next JDA Future Salary Obligations In Context Players Reflect On Arbitration Hearings Why I Chose My Agency Series Arbitration Breakdown
A's Rumors Angels Rumors Astros Rumors Blue Jays Rumors Braves Rumors Brewers Rumors Cardinals Rumors Cubs Rumors Diamondbacks Rumors Dodgers Rumors Giants Rumors Indians Rumors Mariners Rumors Marlins Rumors Mets Rumors Nationals Rumors Orioles Rumors Padres Rumors Phillies Rumors Pirates Rumors Rangers Rumors Rays Rumors Red Sox Rumors Reds Rumors Rockies Rumors Royals Rumors Tigers Rumors Twins Rumors White Sox Rumors Yankees Rumors