Trade Rumors Apps
- White Sox To Sign Adam LaRoche
- Dodgers Acquire Joel Peralta
- Athletics Sign Billy Butler
- White Sox Sign Zach Duke
- Marlins Sign Giancarlo Stanton To 13-Year, $325MM Extension
- Blue Jays Sign Russell Martin
- Braves, Cardinals Trade Jason Heyward For Shelby Miller
- Tigers Exercise Alex Avila's Option
- Diamondbacks Acquire Jeremy Hellickson
- Pirates Sign A.J. Burnett
- Rangers Extend Jon Daniels, Thad Levine
- Jays, Tigers Swap Gose For Travis
- Pirates Acquire Francisco Cervelli For Justin Wilson
- Tigers Re-Sign Victor Martinez
- 2014-15 Top 50 Free Agents With Predictions
- Non-Tender Candidates
- Trade Rumors iOS App
- Trade Rumors Android App
- MLBTR Podcast
- 2014-15 MLB Free Agent Tracker
- 2015 MLB Free Agent List
- 2014-15 Offseason Outlooks
- 2014-15 Free Agent Profiles
- Projected Arbitration Salaries For 2015
- Free Agent Contest Leaderboard
- Reverse Standings
- 2016 MLB Free Agent List
- Transaction Tracker
- DFA Tracker
- Agency Database
- Hot Stove Glossary
- MLBTR On Facebook
- MLBTR On Twitter
- MLBTR Mobile
- MLBTR On Kindle
- Team Twitter/RSS Feeds
- Team Facebook Pages
- Hoops Rumors
- Pro Football Rumors
- Indians Designate Scott Barnes For Assignment
- Baseball Blogs Weigh In: D’Backs, Upton, Angels
- Indians Acquire Charles Brewer
- Quick Hits: Twins, Albers, Bavasi, Scherzer
- Dodgers Acquire Mike Bolsinger, Designate Jarret Martin
- AL East Notes: Yankees Roster, Joyce, Rays Managerial Finalists
- Minor Moves: Lannan, Cisnero, Savery, Laffey, Britton, Triunfel
- Pablo Sandoval Rumors: Saturday
- Orioles To Sign Rey Navarro To Major League Deal
- NL Notes: Kemp, Padres, Tomas, Phillies
- MLB Trade Rumors Podcast: Episode 7
- West Notes: Giants, Baldoquin, Hultzen
- Central Notes: Swisher, Hunter, Reds, Blanco
- Twins Win Bidding For Hyeon-jong Yang
- Week In Review: 11/15/14 – 11/21/14
MLBTR Mailing List
Rumors by team
- Angels Rumors
- Astros Rumors
- Athletics Rumors
- Blue Jays Rumors
- Braves Rumors
- Brewers Rumors
- Cardinals Rumors
- Cubs Rumors
- Diamondbacks Rumors
- Dodgers Rumors
- Giants Rumors
- Indians Rumors
- Mariners Rumors
- Marlins Rumors
- Mets Rumors
- Nationals Rumors
- Orioles Rumors
- Padres Rumors
- Phillies Rumors
- Pirates Rumors
- Rangers Rumors
- Rays Rumors
- Red Sox Rumors
- Reds Rumors
- Rockies Rumors
- Royals Rumors
- Tigers Rumors
- Twins Rumors
- White Sox Rumors
- Yankees Rumors
Jeremy Accardo Rumors
The day's minor moves:
- The Royals have assigned infielder Pedro Ciriaco to Triple-A after he cleared outright waivers, tweets Andy McCullough of the Kansas City Star. Ciriaco, 28, will have to wait in the minors for another big league opportunity to open with Kansas City's middle infield. The club just called up Johnny Giavotella to fill in for injured second baseman Omar Infante, who is expected to return to action soon without a DL trip.
- Pirates reliever Vin Mazzaro has accepted an outright assignment from the team to Triple-A, reports Rob Biertempfel of the Pittsburgh Tribune (via Twitter). That is a good result for a Pittsburgh club that had expected to lose the 27-year-old righty, who was an effective piece for them last year.
- Utility man Brian Bixler has been released by the Phillies, according to the International League transactions page. Bixler, 31, had been playing with the Phils' Triple-A affiliate. He last appeared in the bigs in 2012 with the Astros.
- The independent ball Atlantic League has made two notable additions today, according to Chris Cotillo of MLBDailyDish.com (Twitter links). Right-hander Jeremy Accardo, an eight-year MLB veteran, has inked with the Long Island Ducks. And shortly after being released by the Red Sox, 29-year-old outfielder Scott Cousins has joined the Camden Riversharks.
- The Dodgers have outrighted Mike Baxter, who has cleared waivers and been assigned to Triple-A, according to the PCL transactions page. The outfielder was designated for assignment to create 40-man space for another DFA'd player in Colt Hynes. Baxter, 29, struggled at the MLB level last year, but had a strong 2012 campaign (.263/.365/.413 in 211 plate appearances).
- With this move, only four players are left in DFA limbo: Seth Rosin (Rangers, Rule 5), Pedro Ciriaco (Royals), Hector Noesi (Mariners), and Jeremy Jeffress (Blue Jays). As always, you can track DFA situations past and present using MLBTR's DFA Tracker.
Here's your rundown of Wednesday's minor moves from around the league…
- Esmerling Vasquez has signed with the Lancaster Barnstormers and made his debut with the club last night, according to the team's official website. The Twins released the right-hander earlier this week. Vasquez posted a 5.68 ERA in six starts for Minnesota last season and a 4.66 ERA over 137 relief innings with the Diamondbacks from 2009-11.
- The Nationals have released right-hander Jeremy Accardo from Triple-A Syracuse, according to the International League transactions page. Accardo, 31, posted a 5.56 ERA with 7.1 K/9 and 4.8 BB/9 in 22 2/3 innings for the Chiefs this season, though he has a career 2.94 ERA in 196 innings at the Triple-A level. Accardo has significant Major League experience, as he's posted a 4.30 ERA in 284 2/3 big league innings. He saved 30 games as the Blue Jays' closer back in 2007.
- Six players currently reside in DFA limbo: Eric Thames of the Mariners, Carlos Marmol of the Cubs, Wade LeBlanc and Ross Seaton of the Astros, Francisley Bueno of the Royals and Jose Valverde of the Tigers.
The Nationals announced that they signed right-hander Jeremy Accardo to a minor league contract that includes an invitation to MLB Spring Training (Twitter link). Accardo is a client of Lapa/Leventhal.
Accardo, 31, pitched for the Indians and Athletics in 2012. He appeared in 27 total games, posting a 4.82 ERA with 7.0 K/9 and 3.9 BB/9 in 37 1/3 innings out of the bullpen. Accardo is an eight-year MLB veteran who saved 30 games for the 2007 Blue Jays.
The latest minor moves from around MLB…
- The Athletics announced that Jeremy Accardo has cleared outright waivers and has chosen to become a free agent. Accardo posted a 4.82 ERA in 37 1/3 innings with the Indians and A's in 2012, with his Oakland experience amounting to just two innings after signing with the club in August.
- The Royals announced that they re-signed five players to minor league contracts: right-handers Juan Gutierrez and Devon Lowery, catcher Max Ramirez, infielder Matt Fields and outfielder Nick Van Stratten.
- Infielder Nick Green, who was outrighted to the Marlins' Triple-A affiliate yesterday, has elected free agency, according to MLB.com’s transactions page. Green, 34, appeared in seven games for Miami this past season, playing second base, third base and shortstop.
Accardo was designated for assignment by the Indians on August 4th and released on August 9th, the same day that they parted ways with Johnny Damon. The 30-year-old posted a 4.58 ERA with 7.1 K/9 and 4.1 BB/9 in 26 appearances for the Tribe this season. For his career, Accardo owns a 4.27 ERA with 6.5 K/9 and 3.5 BB/9 across eight seasons.
The Indians removed Damon from their roster six days ago, after he posted a .222/.281/.329 batting line with four home runs in 224 plate appearances as a left fielder and designated hitter. The club designated Accardo for assignment five days ago after he posted a 4.58 ERA with 7.1 K/9 and 4.1 BB/9 in 26 appearances.
Damon hasn't heard if any contenders are interested in signing him, but he wants to keep playing, Nick Cafardo of the Boston Globe reports (Twitter links). The Red Sox will pass on Lowe for now, Cafardo reports.
The Indians have designated Jeremy Accardo for assignment, according to Jordan Bastian of MLB.com (via Twitter). The move will allow Cleveland to recall left-hander Chris Seddon who last appeared in the majors in 2010 with the Mariners. Seddon will take the hill for the Tribe tomorrow against the Tigers.
Accardo, 30, has a 4.58 ERA with 7.1 K/9 and 4.1 BB/9 in 26 appearances this year for the Indians. For his career, the right-hander has a 4.27 ERA with 6.5 K/9 and 3.5 BB/9 in eight seasons with the Giants, Blue Jays, Orioles, and Indians.
Two years ago today, the Twins signed Orlando Hudson to a one-year contract worth $5MM. He hit .268/.338/.372 in 126 games for Minnesota, then signed a two-year, $11.5MM deal with the Padres after the season. Here's the latest from the AL Central…
- "We spent a lot of time trying to identify guys that we felt could come in and win spots," said Indians GM Chris Antonetti to Paul Hoynes of The Cleveland Plain Dealer. "If they didn't win spots, they could provide quality alternatives for us." Cleveland has signed 20 players to minor league deals this offseason, including Dan Wheeler, Jose Lopez, and Ryan Spilborghs.
- Within the same piece, Hoynes reports that Chris Ray can opt out of his minor league deal with the Indians on April 3rd. Fred Lewis and Jeremy Accardo can opt out of their contracts on June 1st.
- Baseball America's Ben Badler reports that Ramon Hernandez Jorrin's contract with the Royals is worth $500K. We first heard that Kansas City had signed the 22-year-old Cuban outfielder earlier this week.
MLB.com’s beat reporters have passed along lots of contract details today. Here they are:
- Jane Lee has the details on the Athletics and Steve Gilbert adds the latest on the Diamondbacks.
- Ian Browne has the details on the Red Sox and their recent contracts. Carlos Silva and Aaron Cook would earn bonuses for winning the Comeback Player of the Year.
- Jeremy Accardo and Chris Ray can ask the Indians to release them if they are not on the Major League roster by April 4th and June 1st, respectively, Jordan Bastian writes. Bastian also has contract details for Fred Lewis and others who signed minor league deals with Cleveland.
- Todd Zolecki has the details on the new contracts for all Phillies, from Joe Savery to Cole Hamels.
- The seven players who signed Major League deals with the Marlins so far this offseason will cost Miami $31.585MM in 2012, Joe Frisaro writes.
- Brian McTaggart explains the Chris Snyder and Jack Cust deals in detail.
- Mark Sheldon has the details on Ryan Madson, Nick Masset, Paul Janish and the rest of the Reds who have agreed to new deals this offseason.
- Brittany Ghiroli has the details on Robert Andino’s 2012 contract.
Earlier today we learned that 28-year-old Fausto Carmona is actually 31-year-old Roberto Hernandez Heredia, and that the right-hander might not be able to secure a visa to the United States anytime soon. MLB.com's Jordan Bastian says (on Twitter) that it's unclear if the Indians will be able to void Heredia's contract, plus he's not sure they would do that even if it is an option. Here's the latest from the AL Central…
- Twins GM Terry Ryan told MLB.com's Rhett Bollinger that he's not ruling out the possibility of adding some more pitching (Twitter link). "I don't think you should ever say you're set to go," said Ryan.
- A top Royals official told Bob Dutton of The Kansas City Star that he'd "be really surprised" if the team signs or trades for another starting pitcher before Spring Training (Twitter link). Dutton says the team wants to get a look at its in-house options.
- Royals GM Dayton Moore confirmed Dutton's report, telling Jon Paul Morosi of FOX Sports: “We could have probably jumped in there on some pitchers who were traded, but we need another year to find out what we have here with guys like Chris Dwyer, Jake Odorizzi and [Mike] Montgomery … We may be more receptive to a deal like that next year"
- The Indians remain interested in Carlos Pena and Casey Kotchman, reports Jon Heyman of CBSSports.com (on Twitter). We've heard about their interest in both players throughout the offseason.
- The Indians signed Jeremy Accardo to a minor league contract earlier today, and Tom Withers of The AP has the details (on Twitter). Accardo will make $825K if he's on the 40-man roster, with another $300K in incentives.
- Phil Mackey of 1500 ESPN provides the details of Joel Zumaya's contract with the Twins (on Twitter). The right-hander is guaranteed $400K of his $850K base salary, and he'll get all of it if he makes the team to start the season.