It's time to take a look back at the week that was..
- The Cliff Lee sweepstakes came to an end when the Rangers landed the lefty for Justin Smoak and a trio of minor leaguers. The Yankees thought they had struck a deal for Lee in exchange for a package centered around Jesus Montero, but that wasn't the case. However, many believe that the Yankees still have the best chance of signing Lee this offseason.
- Meanwhile, after sending Smoak to the M's, Texas is interested in Xavier Nady.
- The Brewers are reportedly listening to offers for Prince Fielder and Corey Hart. However, the club is not interested in moving Rickie Weeks.
- The Giants won't discuss an extension for Aubrey Huff during the season.
- We've been hearing Jayson Werth's name quite a bit lately and the Red Sox are one of the teams showing interest.
- San Francisco GM Brian Sabean likes Corey Hart, but is said to prefer a left-handed bat.
- Roy Oswalt is not interested in playing for the White Sox or Tigers.
- We've heard the Mets linked to several starting pitchers, though they may not have the financial freedom to make a move at the deadline.
- The Astros shelled out upwards of $2MM to land top Dominican outfield prospect Ariel Ovando. The Blue Jays also opened up the vault to sign Venezuelan righty Adonis Cardona.
- Kerry Wood, Jake Westbrook, and Austin Kearns are drawing interest from teams.
- The Cubs want to unload some of their cumbersome salaries.
- Stephen Drew is reportedly a player of interest to the Tigers, though there have not been talks yet between Detroit and Arizona.
- The White Sox are said to be "all over Adam Dunn". Meanwhile, the Nats are drawing interest in Cristian Guzman and Adam Kennedy.
- Interest is picking up in Toronto reliever Scott Downs and the Phillies are looking into the 34-year-old.
- Teams are inquiring on Yunel Escobar, who has struggled in the first half of the year.
- The BoSox have yet to approach Victor Martinez about an extension.
- Pittsburgh acquired the recently DFA'd Sean Gallagher from the Padres.
- Jim Leyland shot down reports of Rick Porcello being a trade chip for the Tigers.
- Meanwhile, Detroit has begun scouting relievers.
- Torii Hunter wants to see the Halos pursue a big-time bat.
- Arizona designated Dontrelle Willis for assignment.
- The Rockies will wait until the end of the month to make deals.
- Halos skipper Mike Scioscia wants depth, not rental players.
- Carlos Delgado wants to get back to baseball within the month.
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak wants to add personality to the team's clubhouse.
- GM Jon Daniels can opt out of his deal in Texas if the ownership changes.
- The Cardinals signed Mike MacDougal after having bullpen trouble recently.
- Chad Tracy hooked on with the Yankees.
- The Braves signed Willy Taveras.
- Barret Loux, the D'Backs first-round selection in this year's draft, failed his physical.
- Ben spoke with Toronto GM Alex Anthopoulos, who is pleased with his recent free agent additions.
- Howard took a look back at Gary Sheffield and the 1994 Trade Deadline.
Astros To Promote George Springer Padres Extend Jedd Gyorko Athletics Designate Sam Fuld For Assignment Rangers Acquire Hector Noesi Cardinals Extend John Mozeliak Red Sox Sign Ryan Roberts Astros Outright Chia-Jen Lo Rays Extend Yunel Escobar Pirates Extend Neal Huntington, Clint Hurdle Mariners Designate Hector Noesi For Assignment Diamondbacks Claim Roger Kieschnick Indians Extend Jason Kipnis Rays Extend Chris Archer Blue Jays Sign Juan Francisco Indians Extend Yan Gomes Rangers Designate Adam Rosales For Assignment Athletics Designate Michael Taylor For Assignment Red Sox Release Francisco Cordero Royals Release Ramon Hernandez Scott Diamond Accepts Outright Assignment Angels Extend Mike Trout Phillies Acquire Jayson Nix From Rays Yankees Sign Alfredo Aceves
Out Of Options 2014 2014 Top 50 Free Agents With Predictions 2014 MLB Free Agent Tracker 2014 MLB Free Agent List 2015 MLB Free Agent List Non-Tender Candidates Projected Arbitration Salaries For 2014 Free Agent Prediction Contest Leaderboard Transaction Tracker DFA Tracker Agency Database MLBTR iPad/iPhone App MLBTR Android App Interviews Hot Stove Glossary MLBTR On Facebook MLBTR On Twitter MLBTR Mobile MLBTR On Kindle Team Twitter/RSS Feeds Team Facebook Pages
Teams Wield Advance Consent Hammer Hanrahan Talking With Multiple Clubs Following Showcase Minor Moves: Rafael Perez, Adam Loewen, Matt Neil Jeremy Jeffress Elects Free Agency White Sox Designate Donnie Veal For Assignment California Notes: Ramirez, Billingsley, Puig, Athletics AL Notes: Nunez, Vizquel, Cousins, A's AL Notes: Defensive Value, White Sox, Astros, Fuld NL Notes: Hamels, Morse, Diamondbacks, Walker Kole Calhoun To Miss Four To Six Weeks Minor Moves: Giants Release Dontrelle Willis Padres Notes: Gyorko, Headley, Cashner Rangers Outright Daniel McCutchen Athletics Claim Marcus Walden Off Waivers From Blue Jays Mets Outright Lannan, Promote Matsuzaka
How Clubs Determine Pre-Arbitration Salaries Another Bite At The Apple: Opt-Out Clauses In MLB Scouting Masahiro Tanaka Free Agent Contract Trends: 2007-08 To Present Minor League Free Agents Finding Major League Deals Peralta, PED Incentives, And The Next JDA Future Salary Obligations In Context Players Reflect On Arbitration Hearings Why I Chose My Agency Series Arbitration Breakdown
A's Rumors Angels Rumors Astros Rumors Blue Jays Rumors Braves Rumors Brewers Rumors Cardinals Rumors Cubs Rumors Diamondbacks Rumors Dodgers Rumors Giants Rumors Indians Rumors Mariners Rumors Marlins Rumors Mets Rumors Nationals Rumors Orioles Rumors Padres Rumors Phillies Rumors Pirates Rumors Rangers Rumors Rays Rumors Red Sox Rumors Reds Rumors Rockies Rumors Royals Rumors Tigers Rumors Twins Rumors White Sox Rumors Yankees Rumors