- Phillies Extend Jerome Williams For 2015
- Brian Roberts To Retire
- Rangers Hire Jeff Banister As Manager
- Dodgers Hire Andrew Friedman As President Of Baseball Operations
- Diamondbacks Hire Chip Hale As Manager
- Orioles Extend J.J. Hardy
- Jeff Bridich Named Rockies GM; O'Dowd, Geivett Step Down
- Josh Beckett To Retire
- Yasmany Tomas Declared Free Agent
- Astros Hire A.J. Hinch As Manager
- Twins Remove Ron Gardenhire From Manager Role
- Reds Extend GM Walt Jocketty
- Diamondbacks Fire Kirk Gibson, Alan Trammell
- Diamondbacks Hire Dave Stewart As GM
- Mets To Extend Sandy Alderson, Retain Terry Collins
- Yankees Claim Eury Perez
- Braves Fire Frank Wren
- Hoops Rumors
- Pro Football Rumors
- Trade Rumors iOS App
- Trade Rumors Android App
- MLBTR Podcast
- 2014-15 MLB Free Agent Tracker
- 2014-15 Offseason Outlooks
- 2014-15 Free Agent Profiles
- Reverse Standings
- 2015 MLB Free Agent List
- 2015 MLB Free Agent Power Rankings
- 2016 MLB Free Agent List
- Transaction Tracker
- DFA Tracker
- Agency Database
- MLBTR iPad/iPhone App
- MLBTR Android App
- Hot Stove Glossary
- MLBTR On Facebook
- MLBTR On Twitter
- MLBTR Mobile
- MLBTR On Kindle
- Team Twitter/RSS Feeds
- Team Facebook Pages
- Minor Moves: Mike Zagurski, Enrique Burgos
- Phillies Extend Jerome Williams For 2015
- Free Agent Profile: Adam LaRoche
- MLBTR Chat Transcript
- Latest On Twins’ Managerial Search
- Introducing The Trade Rumors App
- AL East Notes: Yankees, Cespedes, Tazawa, Pearce
- Quick Hits: Braves Outfielders, Romo, Hudson
- Mozeliak On Jay, Taveras, Choate, Arb Eligibles
- Free Agent Profile: Andrew Miller
- AL Central Notes: Tomas, Tigers, 2014 Draft
- Yoenis Cespedes Switches Agents
- Cardinals Notes: Lynn, DeWitt, Matheny
- Offseason Outlook: New York Yankees
- Minor Moves: Guzman, Abreu, Phelps
MLBTR Mailing List
Rumors by team
- Angels Rumors
- Astros Rumors
- Athletics Rumors
- Blue Jays Rumors
- Braves Rumors
- Brewers Rumors
- Cardinals Rumors
- Cubs Rumors
- Diamondbacks Rumors
- Dodgers Rumors
- Giants Rumors
- Indians Rumors
- Mariners Rumors
- Marlins Rumors
- Mets Rumors
- Nationals Rumors
- Orioles Rumors
- Padres Rumors
- Phillies Rumors
- Pirates Rumors
- Rangers Rumors
- Rays Rumors
- Red Sox Rumors
- Reds Rumors
- Rockies Rumors
- Royals Rumors
- Tigers Rumors
- Twins Rumors
- White Sox Rumors
- Yankees Rumors
J.D. Martin Rumors
Tonight's minor moves..
- Former Tigers left-hander Adam Wilk spent the past season in Korea but plans to return to MLB in 2014, agent Steve Canter tells Jon Paul Morosi of FOX Sports (Twitter link).
- Former Nationals and Rays right-hander J.D. Martin has signed with Korea's Samsung Lions, Canter tells Morosi (via Twitter). The Rays designated Martin for assignment in September. Martin was outstanding in 160 1/3 innings for Triple-A Durham this year, posting a 2.75 ERA with 6.5 K/9 and 1.5 BB/9 and winning International League Most Valuable Pitcher honors. The 30-year-old has not pitched in the Majors since 2010, when he started nine games for the Nationals.
- The Cubs signed former Royals reliever Tommy Hottovy to a minor league contract, a source tells Chris Cotillo of MLBDailyDish (via Twitter). The 32-year-old left-hander has 17 big league games to his credit. He spent last season with the Blue Jays Double-A and Triple-A affiliates, posting a combined 4.19 ERA with 8.8 K/'9 and 3.6 BB/9.
We'll keep track of today's minor moves here..
- Infielder Ryan Roberts, 1B/OF Shelley Duncan, outfielder Jason Bourgeois and right-hander J.D. Martin have all elected to become free agents, MLBDailyDish.com's Chris Cotillo reports (Twitter links). All four players were outrighted off the Rays' roster earlier this season.
- Also from Cotillo (Twitter links), catcher J.C. Boscan and outfielder Darnell McDonald have elected to become free agents. Both players were outrighted off the Cubs' 40-man roster last week.
- The White Sox announced they have outrighted David Purcey to Triple-A Charlotte. Purcey, 31, posted a 2.13 ERA with 8.2 K/9 and 6.0 BB/9 in 24 relief appearances. The club's 40-man roster is now at 36. Purcey was one of Chicago's arbitration eligible players this winter.
- Left-hander Hideki Okajima and right-hander Chris Resop have elected free agency from the Athletics, according to Matt Eddy of Baseball America (Twitter link). Okajima, 38 in December, pitched in five big league games for the A's but spent the bulk of the year in Triple-A where he posted a 4.22 ERA with 9.5 K/9 and 1.5 BB/9 in 37 appearances. Resop, 31 in November, also spent the lion's share of the year in Triple-A and had a 6.81 ERA with 7.3 K/9 and 3.3 BB/9.
- Reds right-hander Jose Arredondo, Angels right-hander Robert Coello, and Marlins third baseman Gil Velazquez have elected free agency under Article XX(D), according to Eddy (via Twitter). Arredondo struggled at the Triple-A level in 2013, posting a 5.87 ERA with 10.4 K/9 and 6.5 BB/9. Coello made 16 big league relief appearances in 2013 and put up a 3.71 ERA with 12.2 K/9 and 4.2 BB/9.
- At Baseball America, Eddy has the full list of the past week's minor league transactions.
MLBTR's Mark Polishuk also contributed to this post
Full Story | Comments | Categories: Chicago Cubs | Chicago White Sox | Chris Resop | Cincinnati Reds | Darnell McDonald | David Purcey | Gil Velazquez | Hideki Okajima | J.C. Boscan | J.D. Martin | Jason Bourgeois | Jose Arredondo | Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim | Miami Marlins | Oakland Athletics | Ryan Roberts | Shelley Duncan | Tampa Bay Rays | Transactions
Here are today's minor moves from around the league…
- The Blue Jays purchased the contract of Ryan Langerhans and added him to the 40-man roster, the team announced. Langerhans has had two separate stints in the Jays' minor league system this season, with his most recent deal signed in August. He posted a .748 OPS in 248 PA with Triple-A Buffalo this season and is appearing in his first Major League game of 2013 tonight. Brett Cecil was transferred to the 60-day DL in a corresponding move.
- Rays right-hander J.D. Martin cleared waivers and accepted an outright assignment to Triple-A Durham after being designated for assignment over the weekend, according to Chris Cotillo of MLBDailyDish.com (on Twitter). Martin, 30, was named the Triple-A International League's Most Valuable Pitcher this season after totaling 160 1/3 innings with a 2.75 ERA, 6.5 K/9 and 1.5 BB/9.
- Cotillo also tweets that Blake Lalli has been outrighted off the Brewers' 40-man roster after clearing waivers. Lalli, 30, was designated for assignment to make room on the 40-man roster for right-hander Josh Ravin, who was claimed off waivers from the Reds. Lalli went 3-for-24 for the Brew Crew this season and is a lifetime .268/.312/.420 at Triple-A.
MONDAY: The Rays have officially activated Crain and designated Martin for assignment, tweets Mooney.
SUNDAY: The Rays will designate pitcher J.D. Martin for assignment on Monday, Roger Mooney of the Tampa Tribune reports (on Twitter). The move will clear space for fellow pitcher Jesse Crain, who is on the 60-day DL.
Martin was outstanding in 160 1/3 innings for Triple-A Durham this year, posting a 2.75 ERA with 6.5 K/9 and 1.5 BB/9 and winning International League Most Valuable Pitcher honors. The 30-year-old has not pitched in the Majors since 2010, when he started nine games for the Nationals. The Rays promoted him before Sunday's game in order to have him available in the bullpen.
As is the case with all DFAs, Martin's status can be monitored using MLBTR's DFA Tracker.
Steve Adams contributed to this post.