- Chris Davis Suspended 25 Games
- Reds, Brewers Complete Broxton Trade
- Ron Washington Resigns As Rangers Manager
- Angels Exercise 2015 Option On Jerry Dipoto
- Diamondbacks Fire Kevin Towers
- Rockies Extend Jorge De La Rosa
- Dodgers Promote Joc Pederson
- Astros Fire Bo Porter
- Adam Dunn To Retire After Season
- Brewers Acquire Jonathan Broxton
- Athletics Acquire Adam Dunn
- Hoops Rumors
- Pro Football Rumors
- Reverse Standings
- 2015 MLB Free Agent List
- 2015 MLB Free Agent Power Rankings
- 2016 MLB Free Agent List
- Transaction Tracker
- DFA Tracker
- Agency Database
- MLBTR iPad/iPhone App
- MLBTR Android App
- Hot Stove Glossary
- MLBTR On Facebook
- MLBTR On Twitter
- MLBTR Mobile
- MLBTR On Kindle
- Team Twitter/RSS Feeds
- Team Facebook Pages
- Mets Links: Tomas, Payroll, Backman
- NL West Notes: Trumbo, Pennington, Maybin
- NL Central Links: Cueto, Arrieta, Zarraga, Brewers
- Multiple Teams Change Minor League Affiliations
- Rangers Notes: Washington, Young, Manager, Tomas
- Nationals Claim Pedro Florimon From Twins
- Nationals Designate Eury Perez For Assignment
- West Notes: Deadline, D’backs, Gibson, Stewart, Angels
- East Notes: Rasmus, Gee, Flores, Tomas
- Central Notes: Aramis, Indians, Perkins
- Phillies Notes: Burnett, Tomas, Offseason Needs
- AL East Notes: Walker, Maeda, Uehara, Castillo, Melky, Rays
- Dodgers Outright Red Patterson
- Latest On Diamondacks’ GM Search
- Gammons’ Latest: Braves, Sandoval, Monfort, Tomas, Padres
MLBTR Mailing List
Rumors by team
- Angels Rumors
- Astros Rumors
- Athletics Rumors
- Blue Jays Rumors
- Braves Rumors
- Brewers Rumors
- Cardinals Rumors
- Cubs Rumors
- Diamondbacks Rumors
- Dodgers Rumors
- Giants Rumors
- Indians Rumors
- Mariners Rumors
- Marlins Rumors
- Mets Rumors
- Nationals Rumors
- Orioles Rumors
- Padres Rumors
- Phillies Rumors
- Pirates Rumors
- Rangers Rumors
- Rays Rumors
- Red Sox Rumors
- Reds Rumors
- Rockies Rumors
- Royals Rumors
- Tigers Rumors
- Twins Rumors
- White Sox Rumors
- Yankees Rumors
Rafael Dolis Rumors
Here are today’s minor transactions, with the newest moves at the top of the post…
- The Braves have signed pitcher Kameron Loe to a minor-league deal, MLB Daily Dish’s Chris Cotillo tweets. The Royals released Loe late last week. He had pitched 11 innings for Triple-A Omaha, whiffing four batters and walking seven. The former Rangers, Brewers, Mariners, Cubs and Braves pitcher threw 76 2/3 innings for the Braves’ Triple-A team in Gwinnett in 2013, posting a 3.07 ERA with 4.4 K/9 and 2.0 BB/9.
- The Giants released right-hander Rafael Dolis, Baseball America’s Matt Eddy reports. Dolis was a non-roster invitee to San Francisco’s Spring Training camp and he badly struggled (8 ER in 4 1/3 IP) in a brief stint with Triple-A Fresno. The 26-year-old righty posted a 5.48 ERA and recorded more walks (26) than strikeouts (25) over 44 1/3 relief innings with the Cubs from 2011-13.
- Veteran catcher Eddy Rodriguez signed a coaching contract in the Red Sox organization, Rodriguez announced himself earlier this week via Twitter. The University of Miami product spent nine years in pro baseball with the Reds, Padres and Rays, slashing .235/.286/.386 in 2271 minor league PA. He appeared in two Major League games with San Diego in 2012 and his only big league hit (in seven PA) was a solo home run. Rodriguez was released by the Rays earlier this month.
- The Phillies acquired outfielder Everett Williams from the Diamondbacks in exchange for cash considerations earlier this week, Eddy reports. Williams was picked by San Diego in the second round of the 2009 draft and has a .249/.314/.356 line over 1322 minor league PA, none higher than the Double-A level.
- The Rays signed righty Casey Weathers to a minor league contract, Eddy reports. The eighth overall pick of the 2007 draft, Weathers was once considered to be a strong prospect in the Rockies’ system before he missed the entire 2009 season recovering from Tommy John surgery. He has struggled to regain his form since, and didn’t pitch at any level in 2013. Weathers signed a minors deal with the Giants last December but was released in March.
Charlie Wilmoth contributed to this post.
We'll keep tabs on minor moves around the league today right here:
- After confirming the signing of Brad Penny, the Royals have announced that the club has inked another grizzled right-hander to a minor league deal: reliever Guillermo Mota. (Twitter links.) The 40-year-old last threw in the bigs in 2012 for the Giants. Since he started his career in 1999, Mota has made more relief appearances than all but five pitchers, the club noted in its press release. Mota receives a Spring Training invite.
- The Giants have signed right-handed reliever Rafael Dolis and invited him to Spring Training, according to the club's list of non-roster invitees. Dolis, who just turned 26, had spent his entire career in the Cubs organization. He only saw five games in the bigs last year, but made 34 appearances in 2012. In his MLB career, Dolis has a 5.48 ERA in 44 1/3 innings pitched.
- With the release of Vernon Wells, there are currently no players sitting in DFA limbo, as the MLBTR DFA Tracker reflects.
The Cubs announced that outfielder Darnell McDonald, catcher J.C. Boscan, and right-hander Trey McNutt have cleared waivers and were outrighted off of the 40-man roster. In addition, the Cubs activated right-handers Rafael Dolis and Zach Putnam and outfielder Thomas Neal off of the 60-day disabled list and subsequently outrighted them from the 40-man.
McDonald, 35 in November, slashed .302/.351/.434 in 57 plate appearances for the Cubs this season but spent the bulk of the year in Triple-A Iowa, where he hit .236/.307/.346. Dolis made 34 relief appearances for the Cubs in 2012, but pitched to a 6.39 ERA with 5.7 K/9 and 5.4 BB/9 and saw just five games this season before a June injury. McNutt, 24, was rated by Baseball America as the 48th best prospect in the country prior to the 2011 season. The well-traveled Neal was claimed on August 5th and played in two games before suffering a separated right shoulder.
With the moves, the Cubs’ 40-man roster currently stands at 37 players.